Shyone V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Give them a couple of more days to reply. If you stated in your LBA that you would have no further correspondence with them, then go ahead and file MCOL. Mind you, a polite call to see if anything is done about your claim wouldn't harm I don't think, just don't let them take over the timescales.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

The decision is entirely up to you. How did they make the offer? Was it by phone or post. You could allways accept the offer as part payment and go for the rest through the courts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Just adjust the rejection letter in the templates section to say accept offer as part payment.

Hi shyone, when my LBA deadline was up with the Halifax, I rang them on the telephone number on the top of the offer letter. I asked if they could better the offer. They upped there and then on the phone from £1445 to £2281!!!!!!

I did get a bit of a slapped wrist in the form of "do you not appreciate that it costs money to run accounts where items are returned". An ideal response is "yes I do appreciate that, but I am sure that the interest earned from my charges alone would more than compensate for the actual cost of running my account". (I don't know where I got that little gem from, but I've passed it on to a few people now and it's been quite successful!!!)

If they won't budge and you do need to go down the court route, then at least you can claim your "little xtra" in the form of the 8% from Howard Halifax!!!

Good luck whatever you decide to do. Keep us all posted.

Best wishes.

jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi Shyone, here is my letter, just adjust it to suit your needs.

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Account Number :- XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer – without prejudice

Thank you for your letter dated XXXXXXXXX offering £XXXX.xx in full and final settlement of my request of the bank charges you levied from our account during the last six years. We are prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder of £XXXX.XX is to be paid within the next 10 days. This amount is made up of £XXX.XX being charges levied from our account as detailed in my letter before action dated XXXXXXXX, £XXXX.XX being the interest claimed under section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8%, and £XXX.XX being the amount paid by ourselves for the claim made against you via Money Claim Online on XXXXXXX. We have enclosed a copy of our letter before action together with a schedule of the charges and interest claimed.

Please note we are claiming £X.XX per day in interest at 8% until this matter is settled.

Yours faithfully

thanks jaxads may well ring them tomorrow and see what happens if all else fails then i will use the letter jowalshy has kindly sent.

I will let you all know the outcome and thanks for all your support.

Your welcome shyone. My offer from Halifax was over the phone. They offered me £500 (as a goodwill gesture) out of the £761 I was claiming. they stated that the charges were lawful of which I replied that according to current media etc. they were infact UNlawful. They then offered a full refund.

Hi everyone

I have just rang Halifax Customer Relations in Leeds and spoke with Barbara Newnes Review Manager to refuse my offer of £1900 and low and behold she has offered me £2900 which is £100 over the top.....accepted of course......to be paid into my account within 14 days we will have to see what happens and if nothing within 14 days MCOL here we come....

To all you new budding claimers go on do it...........I was very nervous but believe me when you the offer and accepted what a high.........it will be a bit of a celebration when money goes into the bank, my partner is now asking for us to look into the family business account, so that is m next mission......so go on everyone take the bull by the horns.......

WELL DONE !!!!!!! :D:D

Happy spending and good luck with the business account :cool:

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

thanks...don't you just great satisfaction.......after all the down heartedness they give you when taking it in the first place.......

Can't wait to tell everyone about it and ncourage them to claim there charges back and of course about the website as it is great knowing thatthere is support out there:p :);):rolleyes::cool::roll:

• 2 weeks later...

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!

Happy spending....:D :D ...

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .