Mobile Phones

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help

I was persuaded to change mobile networks to O2 just over a year ago because they had a great deal where the last three months were free.

I contacted them on month 9 to give my notice and claim my freebies. I was told that the deal was only if you stay with the network and would be paid for by the network.

I managed to track down the salesman (who had moved on). He said that the deal was not a network deal it was an internal promotion tp

o persuade people to change. I never received any paperwork following the move to O2.

Having told O2 that I had contacted the original salesman and that he was prepared to go to court on my behalf they have now told me to produce a document showing the offer - which I can't.

Does the original offer made by the salesman (which I accepted) constitute a contract.

I am still being charged by O2 and they refuse to hand over my PAC codes and they are still charging me line rental. I need to keep the numbers so can't just ignore the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated

Some offers are made directly with the network, for example vodafone have 1/2 price offers (usually for 3 or 6 months). These are obtained by going direct to a Vodafone branded store and/or their online/telesales team.

Some offered are made via a dealership. The use part of their commision payments to offer cashback or 1/2 price rental.

My best advice is to call o2 and ask for your PAC code to threaten them with your move to elsewhere, you should be put in touch with their retention team who should offer you a really good deal internally.

The deal was via Genesis Communications. The deal was in internal one - not a network deal.

Already swapped networks assuming that transfer would go smoothly.

I will try to threaten them with breach of contract and call the saleman as a witness

This has happened to 2 of my friends also. They have phoned up to cancel contracts and been offered 'deals' to stay. Then, when they get their bills, the deal isn't there, the provider, (coincidentally, O2!!!) deny the offer and my friends are stuffed, basically. they're stuck for another year with a provider they were going to leave. I've told them both that they should get it in writing or email, but you don't think you're going to get ripped off at the time, do you? maybe we should have a mobile phone provider section in 'consumer'.

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks