Battle with Abbey

Boris Becca
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, how much is the full value of your claim including interest?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Got to pop out - I'll come back to you in a hour or so

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Boris, Good luck with your claim. I'm subscring to your thread now. You're a little way ahead of me, but I am curious to see how dirty Abbey can fight when the stakes are raised somewhat. We're both in the XXL category in terms of our claims, I guess.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. All the best.

HI!

anyone there?? i understand whats going on now...your all prbably really busy! i have been contacted this moring by Southern Counties radio station before regarding my claim and charges. they have asked me to be on the radio live this afternoon at drive time, going to plug CAG, they want my opinion and views on the current circumstances with the OFT, and how this affecting me and my claim. Would anyone like to have any input that they feel might help...if so please PM me A.S.A.P. i have done my homework i understand the circumstances and am watching the news closely today.....open to views and opinions!

Hi Becca,

Sorry, looks like I'm too late! How did it go?

No, I don't think your claim will be stayed as its at such an advanced stage - and in fact its not even clear if the courts will stay claims at all yet, although it stands to reason that some, if not most, will. If yours is stayed then we'll file for a set-aside.

No need to panic!:)

Oh my Goodness, I am so stressed about this, The Radio programme went fine, they asked me how it effected my case and my opinions. I said I would never of got this far without CAG, and that it is full of wonderfull , helpfull people and gave a good plug, It was on drive time on southern counties radio, Anyway, I am not dealing with this very well its making me wobble a lot, I could smell the money, They have said they will make no further offers as things stand. I assumed thro reading the papers ,financial mail, today that I now have to wait ,same as everyone easle,I will post my bundle as per order still, lets not fall for that one! Will the judge still hear my case, and why if they dont can we apply to have it set aside? I am so confused and desperate. Sounds pathetic I know.:mad:

Don't worry - its unlikely it'll be stayed at this late stage. Even if it is stayed then we'll apply to have it set-aside (lifted). Just file your bundle on time, proceed as normal and wait to hear from the court.:)

The blanket suspension on any complaints only applies to the banks internal complaints procedure and claims going through the FOS.

It is entirely at the discretion of each court whether or not to stay any claims already in the court system. As yours is at a late stage, IMO its unlikely that the court would stay your case. If Abbey apply for a stay then we'll oppose it.

Gary, think i have finaly got my bundle together. should i g through this with you before sending it of. Still heard nothing from the court, so i presume its still on, will be back online this evening. hope your okay, are there any other changes i need to know about?

Hi my bundles need to be in by tuesday latest. I called the courts and my file was with the judge. They called me back in the p.m. and told me that the judge has said the case is to go ahead. Abbey have not yet applied for stay tho, I am nown awaiting that!! Good news tho what do you think ????

Excellent news!:) How are you doing with the bundle? List what you've got and I'll check it for you if you like.

Yeah sorry, its waiting to go in the templates library. Here's the bundle bit;

Contents of court bundle for Abbey claims;

1. Witness Statement

See post #2 below

2. Pre-litigation correspondance

3. Schedule of charges

4. Statement sheets

5. Account Terms & Conditions and charges tariff

We should have these available in the document library soon. In the meantime obtain them from the Abbey website where I believe old ones can be downloaded, or some are available from the other sticky thread in this forum. Please make sure the terms quoted in the witness statement are relevant to your account. If they are not, please remove or replace with those that are.

6. Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co v New Garage & Motor Co [1915] AC 79

See attachment at foot of this post.

7. Director General of Fair Trading v First National Bank [2001] UKHL 52

8. Case Law summary

Can be found in the Basic Court Bundle.

9. Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

10. Part 18 request + any response (if applicable)

11. Subject Access Request + response

12. Data Processing Price List

13. The Competition Commission Report

Appendix 4.6

Appendix 4.10

14. Australian Default Fees Report

15. BBC Commission Conclusion

16. OFT Report April 2006

17. House of Commons EDM

18. Radio 4 interview with Peter McNamara

-

Attached Filesdoc.gifDunlop_Pneumatic_v_New_garage[1].doc (76.0 KB, 11 views)

Or was it the witness statement you wanted?