Ulster Bank offers to pay

purplefile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Followed all stages from this site to a T for a friend. (Claim over £2000 when the court fee and interest added)

Ulster bank had untill 13/04/2007 to defend.

Friend recieved letter today with offer of full settlement which will be paid when the letter is signed and returned.

Letter states " I will accept the sum of £0000.00 in full and final settlement of all claims against the Bank relating charges, interest and Court Fee. I agree not to disclose any related information or the terms of this settlement to any third party."

Thought you may like to see the wording as most UB threads seem to dry up after a while.

In this case the letter can not be signed as the claim was spilt and there is more to be claimed.

:)

Do not sign it.

By doing this you are agreeing to waive your rights to any further claims to any further unlawful charges. They are in no position to make conditions!

" I agree not to disclose any related information or the terms of this settlement to any third party."

This is the reason Ulster Bank threads dry up after a while.

Send this letter instead:

Dear Sir,

I accept your offer of £xxxx.xx as full settlement. I will write to the court notifying them of settlement within 7 days of recieving cleared funds.

I will not accept any other conditions.

Failure to make full settlement of my claim will result in a default judgement being applied for from the Civil Processing Centre after your deadline for entering a defence expires and enforcement action if necessary.

Yours sincerely,

(your name)