Pudsters14 vs MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just bumping this for you pudster. Strange, I didnt get a notification that you had posted yesterday. I must have unsubscribed. :confused:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to be reissuing DNs to everyone as my hubby also got one and they are also in default of his cc request... will reply as normal to his request, just not sure what to do with mine considering the court action is looming...

and I may have to have an operation just before or around that time... urgh!

I am tryping as we speak to link for mr pudsters, would appreciate all advice about what i should do with mine...

Pudst

x x x x

I know LOL magda, you're probs right... they don't seem to know what they are doing...

Just bumping this... does anyone have any ideas how I should respond to this?

Just need some advice...

Pudst

x x x x

I wouldn't respond Pudster. Apparently they are issuing DNs in large numbers regardless of status of an account. If you are waiting for your directions hearing responding will make no difference. Just file it away and keep an eye out for what their next move may be in other cases. You are in a stronger position because you can use what you learn in your case.

• Haha 1

Yeah I know what you mean, just dont get it...

Seems a bit crazy because it has been sent from their london office, but they told me that they pass it to caerphilly and london cant access it anymore?

Odd, still, the new default notice has the same faults as the original one, guess it's just another example I can give to the court to show they don't know what they are doing...

If anyone thinks of anythin else that can help me, pls post away....

Pudst

x x x x

Hello Pusters14!

If you can still do so, keep the Envelope the Default Notice came in, as that may help to prove Date of Posting and so in turn Date of Service.

If timescales are close, you may be able to show the Default Notice was invalid if they did not allow 14 Days from Date of Service.

The Envelope could be key.

Cheers,

BRW

• 2 weeks later...

Pudsters, did you notice, when Link sent you a statement of account (I presume you have some figures from them now, but with Link you can never be sure!) that they had charged the normal court fees, but also an adjustment was showing? Do you know if this adjustment is a valid charge or can it be included when calculating the unlawful charges they have applied to the account? They would probably say it includes their solicitor costs, but so far, they don't appear to have a solicitor dealing with any of their claims against me, so would think yours and all the others would be the same? Hope you are getting on ok, Magda

Edited by MAGDA
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this post and wish you luck.

I would also like to point out that the original DN served by link in April is invalid because it only allows 14 days to remedy the breach (they haven’t allowed for service)

They clearly state the agreement will be terminated on 08/05/2008 so they can’t correct the error and issue you a second one – I notice they have reissued you a DN in October.

Not sure if you can squeeze this into your defence at the hearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya all,

I'm so sorry ive not been on here for a while.

My health is still bad and have got hospital appointments coming out of my ears....

My directions hearing is on the 28th Nov.

Any ideas what I should take with me? I note the above point about the DN... but just wondering how i should prepare....

I sent a Sect 18 request but have seen details of 31.14 requests too, would this help me?

Hope everyone is okay... i notice that you are well on the way with three of yours Magda!!!!!!! Well done.... hope thats me soon!

All advice is much appreciated and thanx for all your posts

Pudst

x x x x

PT has contributed to your thread – try a pm to him regarding the invalid DN – I’m sure he will advise you about it.

An invalid DN is game over for them regardless of the Enforceability of the agreement.

You need to be on top of this before your hearing.

Hi Pudsters, the DN is a good route to go down, as Atwozee mentioned, if something is not quite right there - we tend to base it all on the agreement, but there are a lot of other issues as well, so focus on the other paperwork if you can and check that it's all as it should be. Hope you are soon feeling better - it doesn't help with all this going on does it, Magda

Hiya guys, thats ace.... i didnt realise that!

Right, PT's message is saying he is offline for at least a month, who else could i get advice from. Should i write to the court stating the new info?!?

My hearing is 28th so if I am going to take anything in, could do with getting it in Monday latest.....

I havent got the envelope for the original DN. I thought they had to give you 7 days to remedy the breach. Is it 14?

I'm a bit confused now.... could really do with some advice

Pudst

x x x x

Oh and still haven't got any paperwork Magda,..., no shock there tho!

Pudst

x x x x

Hi Pudsters – regulations changed in October 2006 – it was 7 days plus service but now its 14 days plus service – so unless they delivered it same day (unlikely) then it is invalid.

I will have a hunt for a relevant thread for you which includes case law that you can refer to.

The way you need to go about it is to question the enforceability of the agreement first because it’s a copy and not the original and it doesn’t contain the prescribed terms (they have to prove that they are on the back) if that doesn’t go well then you move on to the defective DN.

Andyorch would be a good one to contact alonf with surfaceagentx20 – they both know their stuff.

Good luck.

Here’s a snippet from a defence prepared by andyorch on another thread:

The Claimant, possessing no legal right claim monies allegedly owed, has acted unlawfully in issuing a Default Notice and registering said Notice with Credit Reference Agencies. Such conduct is a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and amounts to defamation. Furthermore, the Defendant avers, that the Default Notice is wholly unenforceable as it fails to give the perscribed time to rectify the alleged breach ie 14 days plus service and given that the amount claimed regarding that which is denied, contains penalty charges, which are unlawful at Common Law, Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Company Ltd v New Garage and Motor Company Ltd [1915], under The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

The original thread is here and it’s well worth you reading it as the alleged agreement in this one is an application also.

Can you amend your defence to include the disputed DN – I’m not sure where you are with your case but even if you can’t get it in your defence you can mention it at the hearing.

If an invalid default notice is issued then it renders their whole case useless – not only that but because they have terminated the agreement by demanding payment of the account balance, they can’t un-terminate the agreement to issue a corrected DN.

There are a few other threads that are relevant so it is worth poking around a bit – search the thread for default notice – I know a recent case was discontinued because the solicitors realised they had made an error – I will try and find it.

Thanx for your advice...

Link havent sent me the credit agreement they are relying upon on so have put that in my defence,... however I have asked to see the original in court not a copy.

The DN is deffo defective then. Ill contact those guys now....

Pudst

x x x x