Happy v HSBC

Happygilmore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had the same letter from the solicitors. I PM'd spiceskull about this and he/she said if you sent a breakdown of the charges to your bank - the spreadsheet - then no need to send it again just a quick summary. This is the template given

Dear Sir/Madam

With reference to your letter dated [DATE], claim No. XXXXXXXX with your client [bANK]. The bank was provided with a particularised schedule of charges, for which I am claiming a refund, on [DATE].

For your convenience, a summary of the charges is detailed below:

Penalty Charges - Total: £xxx.xx

Penalty Interest - Total: £xxx.xx

TOTAL: £xxx.xx

s.69 Interest 8% APR – Total: £xxx.xx

TOTAL: £xxx.xx

From the above summary you can see that the total amount I am claiming, for unlawfully applied bank charges, plus court fees, is £XXXXXX. I shall pursue your client for the FULL amount, and without conditions, unless my claim is met, to my complete satisfaction, in advance of any hearing

If your client is minded that the charges are fair, reasonable and transparent, then they are welcome to demonstrate this position to the judge.

Yours faithfully,

If you didnt just adjust the letter and print out a copy of your spreadsheet for them. Posting ours out monday. I think we're getting close now! Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved letter from D G Solicitors

We are instructed by HSBC Bank plc in respect of the claim you have recently issued.

HSBC is entirely confident that its charges are reasonable , are properly and fully disclosed in its terms and conditions , and that it would successfully resist any challenge in the Courts in relation to them.

HSBC is , however , mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs associated with litigation in the small claims regime. For those commerical reasons alone , and without any admission of liabilty whatsoever , HSBC is prepared to make a payment to you in the sum of £3873.85 representing the charges applied in full and final settlement of this matter.HSBC does , reasonably , require your confirmation that you will treat this payment as confidential.

Has everyone who crossed out the line : I agree to keep the fact of the claim and HSBC's ex gratia payment strictly confidential : still got the cash?

also do i need to go to moneyclaim site and stop the action.

I have recieved more charges since i sent off the claim for the above amount , can i start another claim to recover these?

Recieved letter from D G Solicitors

We are instructed by HSBC Bank plc in respect of the claim you have recently issued.

HSBC is entirely confident that its charges are reasonable , are properly and fully disclosed in its terms and conditions , and that it would successfully resist any challenge in the Courts in relation to them.

HSBC is , however , mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs associated with litigation in the small claims regime. For those commerical reasons alone , and without any admission of liabilty whatsoever , HSBC is prepared to make a payment to you in the sum of £3873.85 representing the charges applied in full and final settlement of this matter.HSBC does , reasonably , require your confirmation that you will treat this payment as confidential.

Has everyone who crossed out the line : I agree to keep the fact of the claim and HSBC's ex gratia payment strictly confidential : still got the cash? yes , within 3 days actually :)

also do i need to go to moneyclaim site and stop the action. the court sent me a form to fill in to say the matter was concluded

I have recieved more charges since i sent off the claim for the above amount , can i start another claim to recover these? yes you can, although be warned you are far more likely to have your account closed if you make more than one claim

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 2 weeks later...

Returned the agreement signed on Friday 14th , recieved another letter last Thursday saying we are still awaiting your reply to our letter dated 11th July (i.e above letter).

Phoned Deborah D'Aubney only to get her voice mail , so left a message asking her to contact me and i havent heard anything since.

I have now check moneyclaim and i get status of claim defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

So i guess i just have to wait to go to court now.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks