Happy v HSBC

Happygilmore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i just did as you have, gone through them all online and put them into a spreadsheet, for possible future reference, sent mine of yesterday (£4115 :mad:)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hi Happy,

For calculating the charges online statements is fine. However, the DPA request asks for notes and evidence of manual intervention. If there has been evidence of this, the bank could justify their charges by saying they had to 'work' on your account.

My suggestion would be to make a DPA request ASAP, but start to calculate your charges anyway. It is unlikely you will get more than statements from HSBC anyway...

Once you are 12 days into the DPA request, you can issue your prelim, safe in the knowledge that if the bank does provide this evidence, you will be in a position to consider whether to raise a claim or not when the time comes.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes - that sound about right. Don't forget - the option to raise a claim remains with you, so you could do letters one and two, and then wait until the DPA 40 day limit is up before raising your claim. Don't forget to allow a couple of days for the bank to receive the DPA letter, include the stautory maximum £10 fee, and send it recorded delivery to your local branch.

Good luck.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes - that sound about right. Don't forget - the option to raise a claim remains with you, so you could do letters one and two, and then wait until the DPA 40 day limit is up before raising your claim. Don't forget to allow a couple of days for the bank to receive the DPA letter, include the stautory maximum £10 fee, and send it recorded delivery to your local branch.

Good luck.

Oh bugger! I didn't do that! Added up charges online and then went straight to Preliminary! Mentioned manual intervention aswell! Is this going to screw things up for me????

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Oh bugger! I didn't do that! Added up charges online and then went straight to Preliminary! Mentioned manual intervention aswell! Is this going to screw things up for me????
Probably not - as I say, HSBC are not likely to send anything more than statements.

However, you could do as I suggested to Happy: send of a DPA request ASAP, but continue with the rest of your timetable. Just delay raising your claim until the 40 day deadline expires. That will prevent any nasty surprises after you have raised your claim...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recieved letter from bank saying that they have stated their position in previous letter so starting claim with money claim although having a few problems with particulars of claim.

When clicking the reserve the right to claim interest tab i get pop saying

Do you want to reserve the right to claim interest?

Since you have indicated that you wish to claim interest on the money the defendant owes you, you must include the following text in the particulars of your claim:

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {date when the money became owed to you} to {the date you are issuing the claim} of £ {put the amount} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}.

where it says {put the amount} is that the total amount of my claim including interest and also what do i put in {enter the daily rate of interest}?

Hope someone can help me out , thanks in advance.

where it says {put the amount} is that the total amount of my claim including interest and also what do i put in {enter the daily rate of interest}?

Hope someone can help me out , thanks in advance.

No, this is the amount of interest at 8% on your total charges from the date of the first charge to the date you submit the claim

Daily interest is total charges times 8% divided by 365, which is added for every day between the date you submit claim and the date the claim is settled.

Recieved a letter today from D G Solicitors reading :

Dear Sir

Re : Yourself v HSBC Bank plc

We have been instructed in relation to your claim you hvae recently issued against hsbc. To enable our client to consider your claim please supply a breakdown of the amount you are claiming.

What do i send them? A complete list of every individual charge or just what the charges total up to and then seperate list how much interest i am claiming?

Also recieved letter from moneyclaim saying that Acknowledgment of Service has been filed and then ive got a copy of the Acknowledment of Service.

D G solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbastion

Birmingham

Are the solicitors involved and they have ticked the I intend to defend all of this claim box.

They should have the full details of the amount claimed then shouldn't they? Hopefully a moderator will be along to advise you but if the same solx are acting then they should have received full details of the claim, they should have it?

x

Absolutely positive it is stalling tactic Karnevil....

...this site makes me wonder if I am going into the right profession - I went in thinking I would be upholding law and seeking justice:?

Sorry to hijack your thread Happy and Good Luck though.

x

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks