Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4963 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Originally Posted by rinkydinkydoo viewpost.gif

Today I recieved this letter, advice would be greatly appreciated.

MONUMENTFF.jpg?t=1174987869

MONUMENTG.jpg?t=1174987921

I feel they have contradicted themselfs in the paragraph that states

We have gone beyond our statutory duty in providing you with a copy of the signed application form.

In the next paragraph it states,

As we have already provided you with a copy of your origional credit agreement and a statement of your account,

I have not had a statement of account, only a balance, well, i dont think its in this lot of letters that ive had off them is it? this is all ive had from them.

I think its the application, they seem to not be able to decide, if its either one can someone p[lease advise me.:confused:

dont shout!

it is a true copy as it states this is a credit agreement etc by signing this you agree etc etc. they also have provided terms & cons also.

they also did provide a statement, well a total as it stands.

so yes they have done what they need too & have complied with the CCA

there is a long thread on this running also:

is this an application or agreement

have a read there

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The terms and conditions that the have sent you are for Monument Bank, your application is stamped by Providian therefore they have not complied as dx100uk implies with sending you the founding terms and conditions.

I'm sorry dx, this 'reply card' does not comply with what is required under the act, so it is not an executed agreement.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Monument used to be formerly known as providian, does this make a diffirence:confused:

It most certainly does my friend

• Haha 1

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

I would write to them in the first instance, PM me & I'll give you a copy of the letter that I wrote.

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

it is a credit agreement

it says so & is signed by the punter

that is all they have to prove

see this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/74733-credit-agreement-application.html?highlight=dx100uk

dx100uk

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I,m even more confused now, as that was the only info i was sent, they did not send the whole sheet of paper, only the reply card, with a stamp on the bottom stating SUBJECT TO APPROVAL:confused:

is that your signiture on that card?

if so it stands.

have you not just had the same answer in the thread i mention above from someone else?

dx100uk:confused:

and they

is that your signiture on that card?

if so it stands.

have you not just had the same answer in the thread i mention above from someone else?

dx100uk:confused:

Probably, apparently it makes a diffirence the fact it isnt excecuted properly, i have many replies saying yes it is and no it isnt. We will just have to wait and see:rolleyes:

hehe

why is life never simple!

good luck

we are all with oyu

dx100uk:)

and they

No, sorry DX. It is CLEARLY an application form, and does not contain all the prescribed bits n bobs, eg APR, payment terms etc, etc. No lender sig either. And as it is "acceptance subject to status", there is no indication that there WAS any acceptance of the application.

And their assertion that the the original signature box does not need to be there is meaningless, as this rather obviously IS a copy of what they purport to be the original agreement, rather than a copy of an agreement in force at the time.

So if they were to go to court with that, I'd suggest they would be laughed out of said court.

• Haha 1
No, sorry DX. It is CLEARLY an application form, and does not contain all the prescribed bits n bobs, eg APR, payment terms etc, etc. No lender sig either. And as it is "acceptance subject to status", there is no indication that there WAS any acceptance of the application.

And their assertion that the the original signature box does not need to be there is meaningless, as this rather obviously IS a copy of what they purport to be the original agreement, rather than a copy of an agreement in force at the time.

So if they were to go to court with that, I'd suggest they would be laughed out of said court.

Spot on seahorse

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

When do i stop payments, do i wait till the 30 days, should i alos sar them for bank charges, or would that fuel the fire:)

DX, are you feeling ok or have you defected....Look at the bottom right of that form, where it says "Subject to Credit Approval" It's not signed by Monument, doesn't state the APR, hasn't got Monument's address on it or the repayments, and a whole host of other things. On top of all those, it says on the right hand side under the word 'Declaration'--- "I am applying........"

You can stop payments after 12 working days rinky- and certainly SAR Monument...why not- it's your money.

Just hate every DCA out there

it is a credit agreement

it says so & is signed by the punter

that is all they have to prove

see this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/74733-credit-agreement-application.html?highlight=dx100uk

dx100uk

OK, if it's a credit agreement, what's to say rinky didn't agree to these terms and conditions- as of March 1st 2007 you don't have to give us any more money back- in fact, we'll start paying you.

Just hate every DCA out there

DX, are you feeling ok or have you defected....Look at the bottom right of that form, where it says "Subject to Credit Approval" It's not signed by Monument, doesn't state the APR, hasn't got Monument's address on it or the repayments, and a whole host of other things. On top of all those, it says on the right hand side under the word 'Declaration'--- "I am applying........"

You can stop payments after 12 working days rinky- and certainly SAR Monument...why not- it's your money.

Hi, do you know what, I think I will do that and see what happens, iI didnt think about the fact it had providian on it and not monument, very confusing.:wink:

OK, if it's a credit agreement, what's to say rinky didn't agree to these terms and conditions- as of March 1st 2007 you don't have to give us any more money back- in fact, we'll start paying you.

Hey that sounds GREAT to me:-D

Wow Monument are quick off the ball in replying to my last letter, i received this letter this morning,

MONUMENTH.jpg?t=1175240187

I have replied back to them as fast as them, lol, does anyone have any advice on this letter, i,m not giving in this easily:mad: :D