Georgie Porgy v Abbey

Georgie Porgy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, "Standard Disclosure" is a 'process' for Fast Track and above. Your claim is likely to be allocated to small claims. Here's what I used in the AQ - amalgam of various ones round the site

The Claimant respectfully submits that the law relating to contractual penalties is long established so the success or otherwise of the claim depends on the Defendant’s justification that each charge was proportionate to its loss and was a genuine pre-estimate. The Claimant therefore believes that the unresolved issues involved in the claim are principally of fact not law and so respectfully requests that the claim be allocated to the small claims track, and estimates that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

The Claimant believes that this claim can proceed most expeditiously if the Defendant was directed to provide the information which is central to the claim and which the Defendant has withheld from the Claimant to date; namely evidence that its charges were (in the Defendant’s view) proportionate to its loss and a genuine pre-estimate.

You can attach draft Directions http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires.html

aimed at speeding up the Bank caving in, but they will anyway so this is entirely optional.

Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Hi

I have just started the process of reclaiming default charges £3.5K+ from the Abbey. I received a letter from the branch manager stating that a member of his team is looking into the matter. He states that if I do not hear before, he will write to me in four weeks to let me know what progress is being made. Should I write to the manager and say that his timescales are unacceptable and that I require a response/resolution in 7 days or should I allow the Abbey to set the pace?

Should I write to the manager and say that his timescales are unacceptable and that I require a response/resolution in 7 days

There is no point

or should I allow the Abbey to set the pace?

Definately not, keep to you time scales and proceed with the next letter once the 14 days are up.

Good luck with your claim

Hi PSM

Thanks for your post here.

Good luck with your claim. Make sure that you stick to your timescales and keep them letters going. As you probably have guessed by now you will probably not get anywhere. Maybe a GOGW.

Look forward to the court hearing - or not???

Georgie Porgy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Been a bit quite at the moment.

I contacted the court today and they advised me that they had received both Allocation Questionaires. They were sent to the Judge for Direction on 20 April 2007. They reckon i should hear between the end of this week and the start of next week.

Any news from anyone else yet??

Georgie Porgy

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I now received letter from the Court for my Court Bundle to be submitted to the Court and Abbey by 29 May 2007.

I have found a 40 pages document on here under Court Bundle. Do i send all this together with my statements????

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Georgie Porgy

Hi,

I'm just in the process of doing my bundle. Print off the 40 page basic court bundle & if you have a look at the front sheet headed 'Documents' it gives you some idea what you need to include. (There are also a couple of links for you to print off some additional sheets). Then you need to add anything else that is relevant to your claim -ie- Correspondence, Latest Schedule of Charges, Statements, Witness Statement & then number all the pages accordingly. Don't forget you need 3 copies of everything...1 for you 1 for the Court & 1 for Abbey.:eek:

Hope this helps.

Villafan

Hi Villafan

Thank you for this.

Looks quite daunting.

I am just printing off the 40 pages and will then see what else i require.

Latest Statement of Charges.

Does this mean that you reprint the charges with the interest??? Or is this just what you have already requested??

Georgie Porgy

Hiya,

Looks quite daunting.

I am just printing off the 40 pages and will then see what else i require.

Latest Statement of Charges.

Does this mean that you reprint the charges with the interest??? Or is this just what you have already requested??

It's quite time consuming! I'm just copying all my correspondence now. I need to number all the pages & then I think I'm almost done!

I've printed off an upto date schedule with the interest showing as at today's date (not sure if that's right BUT this is the figure I'm looking for to settle...nothing less!!!;) ).

There's quite a few of us who are at this stage so hopefully someone else will be a long later with some advice. Back to my copying!!

Villafan

Hi Mariejader

How are you doing with your claim???

I am still getting my court bundle ready. need to be back to court by 28 May 2007.

I have just been trying to get some details ready for cases that have been won.

Be really glad when it is all over.

Georgie Porgy

Hi all - GOOD NEWS

I have just had a call from Abbey - they have settled out of court.

I have not yet sent my Court Bundle in. It was due to be in by 29 May 2007.

I'VE WON AND AM VERY HAPPY.

**********MONEY WILL BE IN MY ACCOUNT BY MIDDLE NEXT WEEK. THEY ARE PAYING CHEQUE INTO MY ACCOUNT.*******

Can someone, please update my thread for me to show i have Won.

I will make donation once money cleared next week.

Thank you to everyone for all your help.

Wish everyone luck on their threads.

Georgie Porgy :D;) ;)

Brilliant news, looks like the Lloyds case isn't having any real affect

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Hi all

I am pleased to confirm that Abbey have now paid me out.

No going to court. What a relief.

Can someone please update my thread to Georgie Porgy Wins against Abbey.

Thank you all for your help

Georgie Porgy

x:D :D