• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank Manager Lament Official Video with CAG address...

mlloyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have posted info on this piece and first live performance. Attached is the link to the Official Video recorded and edited in the last 48 hours. I have added the Consumer Action Group link at the end as you guys inspired me to write the piece. Admin Dave though the link would be fine as long as it looks like an independent video....

Hope you all like it. Content does contain an expletive and could be considered quite scary so please view without the kids around. I believe the video compliments the words and is a representation of how many of us feel.

Dont watch this if you may be upset by imagery of suicide

Feedback is much appreciated...

• Haha 1

Wow - good stuff - really drives the point home. I bet there are hundreds if not more people driven to feel like this by uncaring and greedy banks.

Good stuff Matt well done.

Best Wishes

Sandbag.

Congratulations on a well-pointed hard-hitting image. A sober message for all banks and their staff.

I suppose that the banks won't care but maybe it will help to jog some of the staff who feel ambivalent about the business of charges.

The bank charges campaign needs more people who know shat is happening behind the scenes and who have a sense of social justice and morality to come and let us know what is going on.

As long as your evidence relates to wrongdoing or iniquity then neither your employment contract nor the law will protect the bank or allow the bank to attack you.

We receive all kinds of information and are very good at using the information and protecting our sources.

This video is quite real. Don't watch it to be entertained. Watch it to become aware or to be reminded of the tragedy and grief caused in the lives of thousands people by the vicious greed of your employers.

Very Good, Mark.

There have been times in my life that I've felt exactly the same way, but i'm a coward, so didn't follow through. I'm mostly sorted out now, but only because I've found my own guardian angel.

People, please, please don't give up.

As long as your heart is beating, there's hope. Have faith that you are not alone, and there are moral people out there who are only too willing to help.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for all your kind comments, I have had some good feedback. DONT Magazine contacted me yesterday in regards to putting it on their web based DONT TV and interviewing me next week about it!!!

Very excited.

Hi Mat,

A very strong and well presented piece , well done.

HOWEVER,

I am very sorry to say that I know a lot of people on this site myself being one of them , for who this may be a step too far in the glorification of getting the message across . Although I like the piece I do not feel it is appropriate to be accessible through CAG . I have talked to many people on here in the past who have contemplated suicide whether it be because of financial difficulty or otherwise , I have even been very close myself in the past.

I feel I really must object to this being assosiated with CAG. I am sure everyone will disagree with me but , I have to air my own opinion as i STRONGLY OBJECT.

I respect the fact that you have pre-warned people of the content but as in life , wherever it says `wet paint ` we still touch it

Thanks

Jules

• Haha 1

Guest Mumofthreeboys
I am sure everyone will disagree with me but , I have to air my own opinion as i STRONGLY OBJECT.

I strongly agree with you Jules, however, we are 'associated' so it won't count.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
I like it as it shows the world what bank charges and debt in general can make people feel like doing. It gets a message out that some charges really can push people over the edge.

I know it is shocking, (shocked me when I saw it and I had heard the poem before I saw the video) but sometimes shock and horror is what gets a message across.

**Admin added the warning for a reason, if you are upset by this imagery seriously don't watch it.**

I read the warning - I am not that stupid, I can make up my own mind and have done so.

Swear and you will get shot down in flames, tell a joke that offends the smallest of minorities, it will be deleted - hang yourself in a mock video - that is fine, go for your life (so to speak).

Guest Mumofthreeboys
I didnt mean it like that! I put that warning for anyone else who comes on here! It wasn't aimed at you.:( I am sorry if what I said was taken the wrong way I did not mean that you were stupid or anything like that.

I was just trying to explain why I thought it was good:(

I know, it was a rant in general and not aimed at you.

Guest JM5712

A sober message for all banks and their staff.

I suppose that the banks won't care but maybe it will help to jog some of the staff who feel ambivalent about the business of charges.

And what do you suggest the bank workers do about it??? Revolt???

Get real [edit]

Guest JM5712

not you!

The person who thinks that bank staff are responsible for banks policy. They follow it not make it!

I know that the material could be classed as 'sick' or potentially offensive, but the reality of this dilemma SHOULD be made powerful and emotive.

Just my 0.02p worth.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest ian cognito

I can't help feeling this is likely to make people who are already under pressure even more desperate, it may be aimed at the banks but there are many walking a very thin line because of debt, do we really want them to think they can put the banks on a guilt trip??

I'm with Jules and Mum on this one.

I am happy that people are discussing the Poem / Video it has had the desired effect. I believe that if the video opens a few peoples eyes or push’s people into taking action against their banks then the video is a success.

I apologise if anyone has been offended by it but it is something I feel strongly portrays how many people feel and how I have personally felt.

I am currently battling HSBC to get £5000 of illegal bank charges back.

Thanks for ALL the continuing feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add my 2p worth, I thought this was very well done and it does reflect what people have done and what some CAG members have probably thought about doing, even if it was for a split second.

On a personal note regarding this, my brother was £43000 in debt, some was his own doing and some was the banks and he took his own life on January 3rd last year which was devastating for our entire family, so I am on a personal vendetta against the banks. Every single £1 I get from them I dedicate to my brother, who was only 43 years old.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE