Whiskas v Nationwide

whiskas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for the rest of my money so not a winner but hopefully that will come today...

I put:

Dear Mr XXX

RE: Whiskas V NATIONWIDE CLAIM NO XXXXX

I would like to remind you that Nationwide have until midnight tonight to file a defence. I will be filing for judgement at midday tomorrow if I hear nothing.

Whiskas

.....short and sweet but it seems to have worked! Ha! He emailed back to say defence had been filed on 27.05.07. I rang MCOL who said they had just received the defence this morning (!) and then I checked my bank balance it wasn't there. Checked again ten mins later (obsessive or wot) and £851.00 was showing as a correction! Just want the rest now! Good luck!

When NW settled my claim there was a gap of a couple of days between when they credited the charges and whnethye creditred the interest and court costs.

So I would keep checking over the next few days and if the funds do not appear then query it with them.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Woo-hoo! Rest of money in today....an extra £119.49 too. Total claim £1138.82, total paid, £1258.52!!! Today's credit showed as a credit by cash. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Couldn't have done it without you.

Great stuff!! I am in the same position as you were yesterday - I emailed and they say they have entered a defence. Hopefully, they will pay up my claim today as they did for you.

Still worried though!! :(

Here is a copy of a post I entered in my own thread, anyone any thoughts?

Whiskas sent the following by email to evershed earlier today:

Dear Mr XXX

RE: Whiskas V NATIONWIDE CLAIM NO XXXXX

I would like to remind you that Nationwide have until midnight tonight to file a defence. I will be filing for judgement at midday tomorrow if I hear nothing.

whether or not it worked is still up for debate (It could just be that they were about to pay out anyway)

In any case Congratulations Whiskas.:)

I have less than a week left to go and now have a couple of questions that may spark a debate:

a) In a legal sense is there anything wrong with what Whiskas did?

b) Does anyone think that by doing something similar now I might push mine to an earlier conclusion?

Again Congratulation whiskas and hopefully milescastle

HI there, just wanted to say that the only reason I emailed Eversheds was because I had read on this forum of people emailing Charles Bacon (another NW solicitor). Didn't think I had anything to lose and like you say they might have been going to pay out anyway. The response from Eversheds wasn't positive so I wasted my time anyway....and yet they paid...and more than I claimed for! Anyone any idea why I might have got £119 more?? The people at MCOL said just to enjoy it! Ha!

The only thing I can think of is maybe you missed a charge and they added it on or maybe the intrest had gone up since you first entered the claim.

I think I may adapt your email and see what it does for me.

Woo-hoo! Rest of money in today....an extra £119.49 too. Total claim £1138.82, total paid, £1258.52!!! Today's credit showed as a credit by cash. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Couldn't have done it without you.

many congratulations, enjoy the cash - don't forget to fill in the survey and make a donation!

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Definitely wait until the day before or on the day itself. You don't want to put their backs up. Keep the email very simple and matter of fact as I did...so they know you know what you are doing. You've nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain!

My date is the 4th (monday) as it was getting closer to the end of the week i sent this:

Subject: xxxxxxx v Nationwide Claim No xxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to remind you that the deadline for Nationwide to enter a defence is fast approaching. I will be filing for judgment when the deadline passes, if I hear nothing.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxx

No reply yet.

Congratulations Whiskas!!!!!!!!

I have got my claim prepared and am just dotting all the eyes and crossing the t's....Oh yes; and am looking for the £120 court fee to submit my claim. NW cancelled my long established authorised overdraft when I started asking them to pay back my £1674.77+interest. Following your rather long and detailed thread has been a great inspiration. What a great site this is:D