had thousands of pounds worth of charges on my acc

vxr-racing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, new to this so i`ll try to keep it short;

basically i used to have my main bank account with lloyds took out a loan with them for £12000 about 8 years ago at about 5 years ago my circumstances changed an i could no longer afford payments so was getting behind but my wages were still going into the account so there was still a steady input of cash, but as i was missing their loan payments they were charging my acc each month up to £200 this went on for many years and now the debt has raised to £18k even though they were still taking money from my acc but not for the loan just for the charges.

i have estimated the charges to be around £4-6k over the last 6 years,

i still have letters from them demanding money that i cannot afford to pay due to my circumstances but the outstanding amount has got considerably worse because of there charges.......can i or should i try to get my charges money back that ive had taken out of my acc or would this **ss them off more and make things worse for me??

sensible help/advice please

hi, new to this so i`ll try to keep it short;

basically i used to have my main bank account with lloyds took out a loan with them for £12000 about 8 years ago at about 5 years ago my circumstances changed an i could no longer afford payments so was getting behind but my wages were still going into the account so there was still a steady input of cash, but as i was missing their loan payments they were charging my acc each month up to £200 this went on for many years and now the debt has raised to £18k even though they were still taking money from my acc but not for the loan just for the charges.

i have estimated the charges to be around £4-6k over the last 6 years,

i still have letters from them demanding money that i cannot afford to pay due to my circumstances but the outstanding amount has got considerably worse because of there charges.......can i or should i try to get my charges money back that ive had taken out of my acc or would this **ss them off more and make things worse for me??

sensible help/advice please

Which account are the charges on? What are the charges for? Are they interest charges on the loan account?

Tim

the charges are mainly for dd on loan not going out due to insuficient funds, this in turn making my account go o/drawn then getting charged for going o/drawn again.

charges on my currant acc with loan dd coming out of this amongst other activities being charged up to £70 per transaction not per month so my charges have gone into thousands over the past 6 years...

but ive only just been told this should`t of been as high via this site

the charges are mainly for dd on loan not going out due to insuficient funds, this in turn making my account go o/drawn then getting charged for going o/drawn again.

charges on my currant acc with loan dd coming out of this amongst other activities being charged up to £70 per transaction not per month so my charges have gone into thousands over the past 6 years...

but ive only just been told this should`t of been as high via this site

Good news! The charges for declining DDs are not legally enforceable and you can make your bank pay them back.

This site was set up to give free guidance to people wanting the charges back.

There is a lot to understand; take several days to take it in ... do not rush. As your bank is Lloyds, they will resist and force you to take them to court. Expect the whole process to take six months.

Read the following sections, then start your own thread in the Lloyds section, where there are lots of people who have been through the process and are now thousands of pounds better off. (Read some of the threads there.)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Tim

Just to add to Tim's excellent advce, vxr, you have twice mentioned 'six years'. Does this mean you only have charges going back six years, or that you believe you can only claim back six years?

Els