• Tweets

• as such there isnt one.  but that DN says 28 daya, should state a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy   and no IP address of signup PC either. lowells lose so many times on these issues 
    • Dear CAG,   Please advise on the following problem.   I have a friend who was very very ill since 2017. He had problems with his heart. After a number of heart attacks, he had a quadruple bypass in January 2021. (His bypass was to have taken place during 2020 but of course, it was delayed due to covid)   While he was waiting for the bypass operation, his company was struck off by Companies House in 2019 because he failed to send the company accounts and other documentation. He failed to send them because of his illness.   He made full recovery after his operation and he then restored his company as soon as he was able during 2021.     Prior to his illness his company was appointed as a commission sales agent for a manufacturing company (based in UK) in 2016 . During 2017, his company won a contract for this manufacturing Company for the first part of an engineering project.  His commission was paid in full by the manufacturing company after they were paid by the end user.   Even through his illness and heart attacks he was able to complete the second sale for the second part of the same engineering project. As a result, the manufacturing company won the contract for the second part during 2020. The manufacturer owes his company commission from the proceeds of this second order they received from the same end user customer.   The manufacturer refuses to pay the commission owed to his company saying that as it had been struck off, they are no longer obligated to make the payment. Any arrangement that was made prior to the company being struck off and for that reason, is null and void.   Our view is that the company being struck off is irrelevant because   a.       It is a continuation of the same project b.       The company has been restored. c.       The dissolution was merely due to an administration issue with Companies House as a consequence of his illness.   As the company has been fully restored the debt owed by the manufacturer is still valid, they are liable and they must pay.   According to the guidance notes on Companies House Website (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration)   Guidance. Strike off, dissolution and restoration Updated 24 March 2021   11.8 Once a company has been restored by the court When a company has been restored to the register, the general effect is that a company is deemed to have continued in existence as if it had not been dissolved or struck off the register.   My friend is claiming the payment owed to his company. However, he may have to take legal action as I think the manufacturing company feels that they have the upper hand because his company has been struck off.  Even though it has been restored, the payment is no longer owed to the sales agent.     Will my friend be able to serve a writ on the manufacturer as a last resort so he could get his money?   Please advise your views and comments on this situation so I can advise him and we an consider the next steps.   Thank you Wrecked.    
    • Hi Schipoo,   In the 2nd document above from HMCTS, it starts by referring to 3 items attached, namely :-   Appeal/Application Respondant Decision Notice Supporting Documents   I assume the 2nd item is the first PDF posted above but please confirm.   If there are any other documents, can you post them up, redacted.   I'm not experienced in this appeal tribunal process but we'll do all we can to support you. However, are you prepared to follow guidance, submit documents/replies in the manner we suggest and meet any deadlines. Please confirm.   At the risk of repeating myself, any joy yet in visiting the police ? Of all the issues likely to affect your case, I think this is crucial.
    • Can you tell us what you have changed in this new version., otherwise we have to guess or spend ages reading through a huge wall of text.   Also can you also answer the questions at the start of past 30?   We tried to correct the English and make the defence more presentable to the judge, yet here you have gone back to the version full of mistakes.  Do you want us to correct the English and make it more understandable for the judge, or not?
    • Giffgaff works on O2's network.   If there was a mast down then O2 would have been down too (though O2's customer services may have handled things differently.....   In my experience though, giffgaff's C/S is way better than O2's ......... (Might the issue may have been O2 telling giffgaff the mast wasn't down, when it was?)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

had thousands of pounds worth of charges on my acc

vxr-racing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, new to this so i`ll try to keep it short;

basically i used to have my main bank account with lloyds took out a loan with them for £12000 about 8 years ago at about 5 years ago my circumstances changed an i could no longer afford payments so was getting behind but my wages were still going into the account so there was still a steady input of cash, but as i was missing their loan payments they were charging my acc each month up to £200 this went on for many years and now the debt has raised to £18k even though they were still taking money from my acc but not for the loan just for the charges.

i have estimated the charges to be around £4-6k over the last 6 years,

i still have letters from them demanding money that i cannot afford to pay due to my circumstances but the outstanding amount has got considerably worse because of there charges.......can i or should i try to get my charges money back that ive had taken out of my acc or would this **ss them off more and make things worse for me??

sensible help/advice please

hi, new to this so i`ll try to keep it short;

basically i used to have my main bank account with lloyds took out a loan with them for £12000 about 8 years ago at about 5 years ago my circumstances changed an i could no longer afford payments so was getting behind but my wages were still going into the account so there was still a steady input of cash, but as i was missing their loan payments they were charging my acc each month up to £200 this went on for many years and now the debt has raised to £18k even though they were still taking money from my acc but not for the loan just for the charges.

i have estimated the charges to be around £4-6k over the last 6 years,

i still have letters from them demanding money that i cannot afford to pay due to my circumstances but the outstanding amount has got considerably worse because of there charges.......can i or should i try to get my charges money back that ive had taken out of my acc or would this **ss them off more and make things worse for me??

sensible help/advice please

Which account are the charges on? What are the charges for? Are they interest charges on the loan account?

Tim

the charges are mainly for dd on loan not going out due to insuficient funds, this in turn making my account go o/drawn then getting charged for going o/drawn again.

charges on my currant acc with loan dd coming out of this amongst other activities being charged up to £70 per transaction not per month so my charges have gone into thousands over the past 6 years...

but ive only just been told this should`t of been as high via this site

the charges are mainly for dd on loan not going out due to insuficient funds, this in turn making my account go o/drawn then getting charged for going o/drawn again.

charges on my currant acc with loan dd coming out of this amongst other activities being charged up to £70 per transaction not per month so my charges have gone into thousands over the past 6 years...

but ive only just been told this should`t of been as high via this site

Good news! The charges for declining DDs are not legally enforceable and you can make your bank pay them back.

This site was set up to give free guidance to people wanting the charges back.

There is a lot to understand; take several days to take it in ... do not rush. As your bank is Lloyds, they will resist and force you to take them to court. Expect the whole process to take six months.

Read the following sections, then start your own thread in the Lloyds section, where there are lots of people who have been through the process and are now thousands of pounds better off. (Read some of the threads there.)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Tim

Just to add to Tim's excellent advce, vxr, you have twice mentioned 'six years'. Does this mean you only have charges going back six years, or that you believe you can only claim back six years?

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Nope!

This is just one of several threads on the subject

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/60534-beyond-6-years.html

If you want more, just ask:)