jaffacat

Wages Arrested (SCOTLAND)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4533 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - hope someone can help me with this one as I cant find anyone else on the forum who has had this problem!

Being chased for council tax and the Sheriffs Officers have got a decree to arrest my wages. No probs with this as I know I do owe the money. The thing is, they claim that I work at a certain hotel and they have sent the arrestment form there and sent me a copy.

I DONT WORK THERE AND NEVER HAVE!!!!

I stay in a small town and when the receptionist at this hotel opens the letter, the whole town will know my business - VERY embarrassing!!!!

What recourse do I have against the Sheriffs Officers for this?

i don't know what you can do about whats already happened (maybe someone else will know) you could write a letter to them pointing out their embarrising mistake tc, but the same thing happened to me (sent to wrong work address, small town etc) and i was mortified! but you know its more common than you think, and they never said anything, they didn;t even let me know they'd received anything from the sherriffs officer etc, twice so far i've had other peoples wages arrestment orders sent to me! obviously a lot of mistakes made in that office! i have to say my debt was paid off without me even noticing it and it was great not to get letters and phone calls pestering me for money. hope you get on ok.

In theory you may have, but in practice they will just say that they had good reason to believe you worked there.

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!: