Jeremy Knowles vs First Direct

dinghy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Best of luck

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

Initial letter sent today both electronically via their on-line system and by post (recorded delivery). Demanded return of £1854 from previous 6 years. Gave them 10 days to respond before LBA being sent as I'll be on holiday for the 14 days following that and want to send it when I can, not after my return.

Will keep thread updated with any developments.

Jeremy Knowles

• 4 weeks later...

Got their second "we don't agree with you, and if you don't like it try the ombudsman - here's a leaflet" letter whilst on holiday so put the claim last night on money claim, including the interest. Will be interesting to see what happens next. I guess everyone doing this wonders if their case will be the one they decide to contest in court. Total claimed, with interest was £2,198.91.

• 2 weeks later...

Letter from DG Solicitors offering £1159.45 and asking for confidentiallity. Not sure how they work it out, it's just over half my claim. Anyway, fax going off now to say "no ta, and quit with that confidentiallity thing". In case a fax isn't enough for them, I'll stick the original in the post.

From experience, expect an identical letter offering the full amount in a few days!!

;)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

From experience, expect an identical letter offering the full amount in a few days!!

Funnily enough, on Saturday I got an identical letter offering the full amount. I have naturally crossed out the confidentiallity bit and faxed it off and will also post it today.

Marvellous!

If they added the confidentiality bit I would followe the led of other on the site and say pay up in full ! and if they want confidendiality that you might enter into separate negioations for a fee of course

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

Well, they did offer the full amount and since it's me who took them to court, I just took the view that they are in no position to dictate terms. I'm only interested in getting back my money that they took from me which seems quite close now.

Check your balance from tomorrow evening!! You may have a nice surprise!!

Faxed mine back on Tuesday morning & posted letter Tuesday afternoon.

Money in account Wednesday evening!!

Congratulations!!!

Join the club!! :)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks