Sarah v's HSBC

Sarah Frost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us don’t use our original registered names Freaky, because we had problems registering and lost our tempers and when it did get accepted we ended up with something almost objectionable

Just keeping you all up to date with my progress!

Sent my LBA off yesterday so theyve got 14 days to reply!!

Once the 14 days is up (1st May) what do i do? File the claim right? Oh thats the bit i dont wanna do coz i havent really got the £120 fee.....

Well just keep your fingers crossed they make you an offer before then.

Just in case they dont you can register with MCOL now and start to fill in your details ready for when you want to send it, you an go in and out as much as you like to edit your details so its all ready for the day you send it.

Have a read of this thread, I think it will help you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/74014-loubi2136-hsbc.html

pete

• 1 month later...

Hi

Ive just submitted my claim on MCOL and i wondered what my next step is.

Ive read somewhere that i need to now send a letter with a copy of my charges? Is this right? If so, where do i send this letter??

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks

sarah - put any questions you have onto your original thread then we know your history

Once you have filed your claim, you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

DG's details will be on page 2 of the acknowl.

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

Just thought id put you all up to date!

After they ignored all my letters the time came for me to file my claim on MCOL.

I did this, paid my £120 and sent 2 copies of my charges to MCOL.

I got a standard reply a few days later saying my claim was sent to HSBC and they had 14 days.

Ive now received an "Acknowledgement of Service" letter from MCOL (signed by Kate @ DG Solicitors) and theyve ticked the box INTEND TO DEFEND CLAIM. Is this normal for them or shall i be worried? It gives me the impression they dont agree with what ive claimed for and that im going to loose!! Or is this just their way of trying to get me to give up?

Any help would be brilliant - im so scared now and i feel like ive wasted the last three months and £120!

Thanks guys! x

Sarah do not worry this is perfectly normal!!!! They seem to leave it to the last minute and ALWAYS defend......offers before this are becoming really unheard of.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html

Have a read of this - as you will receive something from the court soon and 9 times out of 10 the AQ is dispensed with and you can start nudging letters to DG for an offer. This is the stage that I am at.

Nothing yet though...........URGH!

Yeah you will receive something from your local court saying who the judge is and what she wants to do. I got a leaflet about settling it out of court with all the bumf........and by the judge kicking out the AQ it basically means they are on to the banks stall tactics and are having none of it......

HA HA!!!!

I am nudging away - no response but I think they are now doing all the settlements in date order......I was end of Feb / beginning of March so am keeping the faith I should be soon

Good luck and keep us posted - this is a great site.

kerry, i think you'll be getting an offer shortly if my theory holds water (claim date)

sarah, did you send dg a copy of your breakdown - send one with every nudge letter - and did you send the court a copy - just checking.

kerry's right - watch for the court letters and read them carefully and nudge dg.

Thanks again Kerry - ill keep a look out for my postman!! ha ha!

Lattie - yeah i sent two copies of my schedule of charges to MCOL and thanks for your advice - ill send a copy with everything i send to DG.

Thanks to you both - i was so scared until today! ha ha! x

:) Hi Sarah,

I got a phone call from DG last wednesday and added to my own thread what I was told by Rachel...........

She said they were dealing with claims in date order and were aware of my court date and would get to me in due course........ ( was not impressed with htis) and was a little irritated (to say the least) it seems that no amount of nudges or phone calls or letters faxes or emails is and or will make any difference DG are moving at their pace and no one elses....

I think they are creaking seriously under the pressure and some ppl are having theirs settled quickly and others not..........

It might very well be expeditious of the courts to start setting aside one saturday a month and issue all bank claims to that day. at least the max time they would have is 6 weeks to procastinate....

Hope you get your letter VERY soon (ps when it comes can you ask them to send mine pls:-( )

Good luck

rockin all over the world

Hi

I think you are a bit ahead of me as ive had no calls or anything yet!

DG must be so bogged down with all this - they should just give everyone their money back and save all this hastle! Thats what i'd do anyway!!

Fingers crossed we'll both be settled very soon - i could do with the money...

Good luck with your claim and keep me posted.....;)

Hi

Just reading your progress with reclaiming your charges. HSBC's 14 days deadline ends tomorrow and my next step is to issue a claim form. You mention you did your claim with MCOL - Who are they I was thinking of doing through moneyclaim on the internet. Also further down you mention DG who are they?

How is your progress coming along have they made any offers of settlement to you as yet and how long did it take them before this was done?

Your help would be appreciated as of course really do not want to go to Court if it can be helped really nervous about submitting the claim form.

Hi there

Nope nothing yet - but by mine and Lateralus's prediction it should be soon. DG are the bank solicitors - all contact info on here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31052-contact-details-banks.html?garpg=11

However you are too soon to worry about them just yet

MCOL link attached

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

The claim is really now because the banks are too inundated to reply in the time scales are are giving them.

don't worry and GOOD LUCK