Sarah v's HSBC

Sarah Frost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I am new to this so any help would be really appreciated!

I sent my 1st letter to HSBC asking for details of all charges on Thursday 22nd March. I havent heard anything yet (not that i expected to after 4 days! lol!)

Ill keep you posted how i get on! Wish me luck.....:confused:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya sarah, welcome aboard here's a couple of things to read while you wait for the information from the bank :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/38807-newcomer-heres-user-guide.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

I recommend you also start to read some of the threads too because they will give you some great background info about how things work and what is likely to happen especially HSBC tactics and standard letters.

And if you get stuck or have a question just post it here, its easy just be patient and follow the guide lines and you will get your money back.

pete

expect a bumper delivery or two from your postie. the banks don't send a list of the charges - they will send your statements - a lot of them! you will need to make a list of the charges yourself and send a request to have them returned. start reading those two links given above - that is what you need to get started once the statements arrive. and yes, read lots of other threads to get a feel for what's going on. good luck.

Ok...I emailed HSBC today via the Internet banking system today just to confirm they received my letter requesting my statements that i sent on 22nd March.

I got a reply about an hour ago saying that they havent received my request for copies of statements but that i can access them via the Internet Banking (she then went into how to go about it step by step).

Ive been through them since 22nd March 2002 (is this right???) and written down all my charges but ive come accross loads of £1.75 charges from when I was withdrawing money from a cash machine when I was living in Spain last year. Can i claim these back or not? I dont think I can but thought id ask an expert! ha ha!

So now what do i do....put them into the spreadsheet to calculate intrest right? And then what letter do i send? Im going to send Recorded Delivery this time so i know for definate that my letter is received!

Appreciate all help!! Thanks!

Hiya Sarah, no you carnt recover charges for overseas cash machine use.

First type all of your charges into the spreadsheet and make sure you are happy with what it's doing, if you have problems do a post here and one of the spreadsheet experts will help you.

Next you need to do a preliminary letter that gives 14 days to pay your unlawfull charges then after that a letter before action which gives another 14 days finaly you submit your claim to the court via MCOL or directly using a N1 form.

Its all here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/38807-newcomer-heres-user-guide.html

pete

Ok im sending a copy of all my statements, a copy of the spreadsheet and a covering letter today, recorded delivery so ill know when they get it! This is the covering letter im using:

Dear Mr Lewis,

Re – Sort Code xx-xx-xx Account No xxxxxxxx

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to HSBC Bank.

The charges total £xxxxx, plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £xxxxx interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of £xxxxx. I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document.

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Could someone please confirm this is the correct letter and this is the correct address:

Mr David Lewis

Customer relations

HSBC

Level 36

8 Canada Square

London, E14 5HQ

Im really panicing about sending it so please can you all send me some courage!!

Thanks! Sarah x

hi sarah, don't send it with the paragraph relating to 8% interest. just ask for your charges back only.

when you send the copy of your schedule of charges, fold back/cut off the column with the interest on ok? at this stage you don't ask for it - only when you file your claim in court.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Ok ive sent it!!

I sent the covering letter plus a copy of the spreadsheet and copies of statements. (I sent it before i read Petes post!!)

So 14 days from now is 13th April...ive got butterflys! ha ha!

Ill keep you all posted - thanks so much for your help!! x

No need for luck, just follow the well worn path to HSBC's stash of your cash.

Read the "how to" threads and follow what they say, have a little patience and ask when you’re not sure or worried and you will get your money back.

pete

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the 14days is up on Friday and i still havent received even an acknowledgement letter from HSBC with that silly leaflet they send! I sent it Recorded and it was delivered on 2nd April. I sent it on 30th so do i count 14 days from the day i sent it (30th March) or from the day they received it?

Im worried now that they are ignoring me! Please help!!! x

Hi I wonder if you can help me!!

Ive sent my letter requesting my charges and the 14 days is up on Friday. I sent it recorded delivery so i know they've received it but ive not even had a "we are looking into it..." letter. ?????

I didnt bother claiming the interest as i was advised on here not to but if they dont reply by Friday, can i send my LBA letter WITH intrest this time? I dont see why i shouldnt claim interest when its MY money THEY STOLE!!! Sorry!

Any help would be great and anyone else thats at the same stage as me - please reply!!!

Thanks x

hi sarah

welcome to the forum. yes carry on with your lba and stick to your timescales. it doesn't matter that you haven't received a 'fob off' letter from hsbc, they quite often don't respond - all quite normal. just carry on with the next step. you still don't ask for the interest at this stage, only when you file a claim in the court will you add on the 8% interest. hope this helps. take a good look around other peeps threads and the faq's. we're all here to help you so if you have any further questions, fire away ok?

good luck with your claim

Do not give up, just stick to strict timetables!!! 14 days up from 2nd LBA, time to file a claim!

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

Money Claim Online

have a look at his site for future reference. i know it's a bit premature to send you the link now but the sooner you get au fait with it, the more confident you'll feel when you file (if you need to)!!