Third Party Insurance claim

Awongs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was involved in an accident driving a friend's car. My friend was in the car with me and we were hit on the motorway from behind by this large truck and he threw us in a ditch where the police helped us out. I have a comprehensive insurance and thought everything will be straight forward only to be told by my insurers (Tesco) that I have to liase with the other party's insurance myself as I was driving a friend's car. I have done that and now the guy is denying liability I contacted the police but they will not get involved until it gets to litigation. The driver of the truck was clearly guilty and I am surprised he is denying as he was driving a company car. Please help as my friend is on my neck and the car needs to be repaired or written off.

Am I correct in assuming you were driving this vehicle using your own policy's 'Driving Other Cars' section (usually Third Party Only cover)rather than being more correctly insured on the owner's policy?

If so do you have any kind of Legal Expenses policy arranged via Tesco?

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

You need to write a letter to the Third Party - something like this:

I refer to an incident that happenned on the between a vehicle I was driving and your Insureds vehicle.

It would appear that your Insured was responsible as the circumstances are: Your Insured failed to stop, thus colliding with the rear of me.

I would be grateful if you could confirm liability is not an issue within the next 28 days.

If you require to inspect the vehicle, the vehicle is currently at ******.

I look forward to hearing from you with your proposals for settlement.

If the truck driver / company is refusing to give their insurance details then let me know, and I can tell you what to write to the company.

PS. If you have the ULR option, they should do this for you - contact them.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!