Newbie to Halifax, Help Needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my letter to Halifax requesting my 6 years charges and they then sent there box standard letter of:

Sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges to your account, Please note the complaint handling rules set by our regulator, the Financial Services Authority, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond.

They then go on to say they will respond within 4 weeks to update me of progress.

Do i need to send them a reminder letter within the 4 weeks to send my bank charges (Its been 2 weeks now) ???

Any help would be great, thanx

No, dont give them any more time. This letter is standard rubbish, just ignore it.

Carry on using your time scale. 14 days between each letter.

You dont need to send any extra letters.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Think ive messed things up??? :confused: :confused:

Didnt send my DPA cheque with the first letter as they told me i could have them for free.

Sent the 2nd request letter and still not heard nothing, what should i do now? Should i send the fee?

Help would be grateful, cheers :)

Just send the cheque with a covering letter, stating its for the SAR.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hold on, just let me check i have thing right..

If they were due on the 8th April, when did you send the second letter? Im assuming the second letter was the non compliance. And if you did then thae new date would be the 16th.

Please set me straight if i have got it wrong.

If this is the case, then they are still within the time. It might be worth a phone call to see if they will take the fee from your account.

F&Q's... Read here

I sent my first request letter on 26th Feb. 07 , got a box standard letter back saying they are looking into it.

Then they sent another letter saying they have till 27th April to investigate.

Which i sent 2nd request letter on 29th March 07. saying theyve had 31 days and have 9 left to comply. (But with no fee in either letters)

Thanks in Advance

• 2 weeks later...

Sent letter to the info commisioner with details of my case so far last week.

Its been 40 days today, and Halifax last said they were going to reply back on 27th April.

What do i do now? do i send a letter saying youve had your chance and i am now going to give 14 days before i start court proceedings?

Help would be appricated

On 20th April, got a letter from halifax with a list of my charges for the last 6 years which was £718 and a letter with it saying they would offer me £546.

I phoned Halifax saying i would not be acepting the offer they have made and i will now start court proceedings if they didnt offer me the full amount.

Halifax then came back and have offered me £700 which i have now acepted and just have to wait for it to clear (Hopefully)

Really pleased as sent two letters, no court proceedings and have had this response.

Advise others to stick at it!!!

Thats great news. Let us know when you recieve the money..:D

F&Q's... Read here