Yeswotver Vs HSBC

alihen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im a newbie on here I have found it thoroughly intersting reading about everyone elses "campaigns". I sent my request for statement nearly 2 weeks ago and although I asked for the statements for the last 6 years I recieved a bundle of them through the post today from april 2000 until december 2003, theres 2 & 1/2 years still to come I hope they come in the next few days. I thought it strange how they sent it like that a mate of mine had all of his delivered in one envelope from DHL mine came in seperate montlhy envelopes with a rubber band round them.

Anyway I'll keep you updated,

Keep up the good work

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Chris

The rest of my statements came through yesterday, thankgod, I have just finished totting up the charges & i get a grand total of ........£ 2380.50 :D without the interset which would be £ 471.82 which could give me a grand total of £ 2798.32 if it ever went to court. I will compose my letter asking for MY money back soon & post it off.

Wish me luck !!!

One little item I am unsure of, I have inputted all the charges from my statemnts into the excel spreadsheet that I downloaded from this site, the last column on it is the 8% interest that is added on. On the preliminary letter asking for my money bank it says

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX

should I have totted up the interset they charged me at the time of my penalties or the 8% interest that is calculated from the spreadsheet.

Please help

Personally I wouldn't bother. I totted up all debit interest, including interest charged on parts of the overdraft that weren't made up by charges and it came to just short of £20 over six years which means that it wasn't really worth the effort calculating an accurate figure for the purpose of the claim.

I suppose the fact that I've paid such a small amount in debit interest over six years shows just how ridiculous these charges are. Any unauthorised overdraft I've ever had has never been for a full month, has always been broght back into credit on pay day and has never really caused them any problems at all because they have always known that my account is credited with substantially more than the amount of the unauthorised overdraft at the end of each month.

OC

• 2 weeks later...

I got my response from the bank today & surprise surprise they said they dont see the charges as unlawful & consider the matter resolved but if i wish to continue with my claim I am to submit the charges & dates which I will do with an LBA letter

UP YOURS HSBC!!!:evil:

• 2 weeks later...
I got my reply back from my LBA on saturday they are not going to pay me my money back, small claims court here I come!!!

yep get it fired in straight away, not long till you get your money now,

hold fast ;-)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks