How to deal with Intruim Justitia?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are with BT you can get a facility called Choose to Refuse. You do have to pay for it each month.

I keep getting calls from this company also and I am going to opt for choose to refuse it will cost £3 per month.

I have just now taken a call from this company whilst writing this. Spoke to Leon Alley, who was so rude to me. I asked him to send all

communication in writting and he said NO we will keep calling you, then I advised him that I will send a letter to request no future calls and to have everything in writing and if they still kept calling I had the right to report them to the police. He then said "You can contact who you like....":o

He was just so unbeliveable. I then said goodbye and hung up. So now I will be sending my letter recorded delivery today and I will make sure I get choose to refuse.

PS Intruim Justitia if you think I am going to be spoken to like that on my own phone which I pay for you have got another thing coming....

I've had the same type of calls heavenly. They also told me that they would not stop calling and they have been so rude that I have now resorted to employing similar tactics with them.

They have however, half an hour ago, reluctantly agreed to accept my original offer of £30 per month (temporarily of course) as opposed to the £78 they wanted, but I think it might buy me enough time to -

a) report them for hassassment

b) request a CCA

c) Get all the charges removed from the balance

I'm sorry, I don't know the next letter of the alphabet...Intruim must be right, I AM stupid for running up this debt in the first place :rolleyes:

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

AAAAAAARRRGH!!!!

They are still phoning! :mad:

Missed a call at 3pm from Intruim, just a few hours after they said I would receive no other calls from them (for 3 months) as they have accepted my agreement to pay £30 per month.

Now they usually try again at 8pm so we shall see! I plan to inform the next person who calls that I'm recording it...just to see what response I get :rolleyes:

I realise from other posts that I'm certainly not the only one having problems with DCA's...but has anyone had this particular problem, when they say one thing, but actually mean another?

Either the woman I spoke to at Intruim earlier was telling fibs, or they have no communication in place

They are really driving me mad now :(

Since I'm here, I need to know if you should inform a DCA of a SAR request you send to an original lender? To let them know the account is in dispute?

A fiver says that when you pay them £30 they'll say you agreed £78. That's why it's so important to only deal with them in writing. Please don't give in to the temptation to talk to them, they've not even proved that they have a right to be chasing the debt yet.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

They are a tricky lot. Chances are they know you have agreed thirty quid. The next call will be something like ' Im sorry Allykat but my supervisor will not accept 30 quid we need 78 or our 'legal' :rolleyes: department will do x, y z. As you will note on EVERY thread on this forum the advice always is NEVER negotiate with ANY DCA over the phone. CCA them and see what happens. Bet they cant respond with in the 12+2. The debt will then be in default and you wont have to pay unless they produce the paperwork.

You dont need to tell them that you have sent a SAR to the original lender. Let them default. Better still let them committ a Criminal Offence. I just ignorned them and they went away

I had a debt with Intrum Justita for £1.700, i sent them a financial statement and offer of payment....My offer of payment was £18.66 per month, in accordance with my other debts....

They sent a letter saying the least they could accept was £121...I resent a letter saying that they should reconsider cause if it went to court a judge would only make me pay what i could afford anyway.....a week later they accepted the offer that lasted 3 months and then i recieved a letter saying they did'nt want anything to do with the account anymore and they passed it back to the original owners.....

I would CCa them.....i really doubt that they will have the correct documents...they are a bunch of muppets.

How right you all are :(

I was stupid for engaging in conversation with them today, I just wanted to get them off my back, but it's no excuse...they are the most rude, evil and narrow minded people I have ever encountered, what was I thinking!

I will not make the same mistake again, these people have caused me too much distress already.

Thanks everyone for your advice, I will fight them to the end! Actually quite anxious about what I'll get back from my SAR and CCA requests, having read about the tactics they tend to use in order to 'get out' of supplying these documents :(

Don't feel stupid. You did what most of us did before we gained the confidence and knowledge to tackle these companies. It's a learning process.

And don't worry about their delaying tactics. There's a statutory timeframe which is their problem, not yours.

:)

• Haha 1

• Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

I had a debt with Intrum Justita for £1.700, i sent them a financial statement and offer of payment....My offer of payment was £18.66 per month, in accordance with my other debts....

They sent a letter saying the least they could accept was £121...I resent a letter saying that they should reconsider cause if it went to court a judge would only make me pay what i could afford anyway.....a week later they accepted the offer that lasted 3 months and then i recieved a letter saying they did'nt want anything to do with the account anymore and they passed it back to the original owners.....

I would CCa them.....i really doubt that they will have the correct documents...they are a bunch of muppets.

At this stage they were probably in profit having made more than the pittance the debt cost them. If the Banks are prepared to sell these debts to DCAs for mere pence in the pound then why will they not do the same to their customers who run into genuine financial hardship.

i know that it's really irritating when they phone all the time but please stop talking to them on the phone. as others have pointed out there are ways to refuse their calls or even if it is feasable for you just change your number.

dca's have for a litle while anyway stopped calling me as i used to ask who it was (i never acknowleged who i was or answered security questions) and just say that i wasnt going to talk to them could they please write and that the conversation was over.

there is also a template on this site (sorry cant recall where) which is a harrasement by telephone letter to get them to stop phoning.

let us know how it goes and remember theres a lot of us in teh same situation and are willing to try and help any way we can

good luck xx

I had another call from Intruim again at 08:15am this morning. Luckly I was out at that time. I have now managed to get choose to refuse on my line. I couldn't get through yesterday but got straight through this morning.

It is free for 1 month and then £10.05 per a quarter. There is no min term to have it and the sales advisor said I could cancel it within the month, hopefully the caller should then get the message.:rolleyes:

I will be sending them a cca request today. I already now that the original agreement has been lost because I have already gone through this process with Wescot who had the debt before them. Now I am covering from every angle and I will send a cca request to Natwest too. Someone must get the message at some point.

allykat If you have already agreed to pay the £30 per a month. Pay it send the cca request and wait for them to default. Then you can advise them that you have the right to stop making the payments because no cca has been supplied (in writting of course.) All this depends on them not sending it to you within the 12 days.

Please make sure you get the facility to bar certain numbers, I already feel much better because I have set it up so I will look forward to not receiving any abusive calls. The message they will hear is "This number is not accepting calls from this number..." I wish I could see their faces...:D

Please make sure you get the facility to bar certain numbers, I already feel much better because I have set it up so I will look forward to not receiving any abusive calls. The message they will hear is "This number is not accepting calls from this number..." I wish I could see their faces...:D

Even WItheld caller reject is brilliant. It stopped me fro getting upwards of 20 calls a day from these delightful people. It must accept their autodialling equipment just as Choose to Refuse. Because according to their computer someone has answered so it will be passed to whichever operator is free. You can just picture them in their call centre ready fro an angy tirade of abuse only to hear the recorded message. This number is not accepting calls from this number P R I C E L E S S:D

Oh that's excellent heavenly! :)

I need that service immediately!! The silly sods will still probably try to call me though, I don't think the peeps at Intruim have a braincell to share between them!

It must be such a relief that you wont get any more calls from them! Good luck with the CCA request, keep us posted! :)

ODC...I think everyone should do it! :D

I've read in some threads that DCA's have refused to deal with people in writing only, because they are a 'phone based company'

They said to me on one occassion that they CANNOT remove my number from their system and they WILL continue to call me :rolleyes:

What will they do if everyone just blocks their number?! I can see the staff in that particular call centre getting very bored and perhaps even more irate than usual :p

ODC...I think everyone should do it! :D

I totally agree we can decide who we want to talk to we pay the bills

I've read in some threads that DCA's have refused to deal with people in writing only, because they are a 'phone based company'
Maybe they cant write only read a script. Judging by some of the preprinted letters I have received

They said to me on one occassion that they CANNOT remove my number from their system and they WILL continue to call me :rolleyes:
Good for them let them break the law

What will they do if everyone just blocks their number?! I can see the staff in that particular call centre getting very bored and perhaps even more irate than usual :p
Even more Irate than usual. They will still get people who unfortunately are not aware of their rights or the existence of this wonderful forum

One tried that line with me, saying they did not have the facilities to send letters.

"Have you got a pen?" I asked. "And some paper? And is there a post box near your office? Then you do have the facilities, please do not lie to me."

They managed to send me some letters after that. :D