Help! Mistake on LBA

Kiwiemy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stupidly just realized I made a mistake on my prelim and LBA letter. I am claiming for £1122.35 but put £1222.35 in both, the spreadsheets however have the correct amount. Sorry to be a nuisance. I did check over and over just one of those things.

Shall I start the process again or resend the LBA with the correction in it. Do I need to state that a correction has been made?.Thanks for any help

Apologies for wasting your time.

Do as you say.You are not at court stage where any amendments wiil cost you. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

to calrify just resend the LBA and point out you noticed a typographicval error and that this one supercedes the previous one.

I would start the 14days again but i dont suppose with such a monit change anoyne would care if you didnt.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I'd just re-send the LBA with the correction in it and point it out to them:D - to be honest I made a mistake on my LBA I included advance charges for March (which I had on a pre-advice letter ) but when my statement came they had frozen the account and Natwest sent me an offer letter the following week for the full amount.So because I hadn't written to say I'd made a mistake they just seemed not to double check,I suppose it could work both ways I'd send another LBA just to make certain they've got the right figures to work with

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums