Cancelling a mobile contract - help pls?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would send the email and follow up with a letter just incase they claim that they never received the email. I know it might sound like overkill but send it recorded too. I cancelled mine on 3 seperate occasions and was still charged.

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Your contract is for a MINIMUM of 12/18 months, not that it expires after that period. The contract will state how you should intimate notice of cessation, but this will usually require 30 days notice (from your last billing date), you then receive your last bill with a forward charge for service, THEN a last bill with the final call charges at the date of cessation.

I would write using Recorded Delivery to ensure there are no mistakes, but send an email copy as well.

Some networks will allow a verbal cancellation. Others require it in writing (which should be sent recorded delivery as buzby says). There is however a third way to end your contract once the minimum term is up and that is to request and use your PAC code to move to another network. Once the port is complete the contract will be cancelled and you will receive a final bill.

Either way some form of notice period is needed to be given

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

And as we have noted that some networks treat a PAC code not as a final notice but provisional... IF the number isn't transferred, your existing service simply rolls on! So, unless you really want to retain your old number by taking it to a different network, avoid this as it can be more bother than it's worth. Even if a network will accept a verbal notice, it will end up as your word against theirs should the cancellation not go through - and we all know who'll win that argument! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all. I will cancel in writing and post recorded.

I have actually found that my pay as you go works out cheaper in the long run for my usage so will not be continuing a contract with anyone.

The whole process has been a complete nuisance time and costwise and there is no such thing as "customer service" on from these "service" providers.