Sold A dangerous, faulty Car, by a Used Car-supermarket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this and need some additional help with an issue, or should I say a number of issues. I will try to summarise because there are numerous issues (to many to go into full detail).

I brought a car for myself just over 3 months ago, upon leaving pulling out of the forecourt and proceeding home. The Cars display panel started alarming showing a serious fault. As I completed the sale after the store had closed and was given the car by the few staff members that stayed behind. I could not go back because they had now left. As soon as they reopened I went back and reported everything including the sale and how it was conducted (which I felt was not conducted correctly).

In short, my heating has worked less than a week since I have owned the car (remember the snow we've had? Because I do), I have had the car taken from me twice once from the trader and also from the company that make the car because it was deemed to dangerous to drive on the road (now these are other issues). In fact the second time it was taken by the cars manufacturers, they refused to let me take it and the woman that saw me came out and said how long have you had this car, she was in shock and said that it should never of been on the road. They also said that I was at a high risk and was very lucky nothing serious had happened.

Basically the company I originally brought the car from were supposed to pay for all the works to be completed on the car but only paid half. So the other half had to be authorised by the trader I brought the car from.

I communicated this to them and they told me to bring the car back so they could check it to see which works they would allow to be done by the cars manufacturers.

They took the car, were supposed to be checking it. Then when I went to enquire how long it would take to check it, for authorisation I was told they were fixing it. Without my my permission and without consultation (so before I could take a picture for reference if needed they removed the evidence). They also said that the reason the car was cold is because it was empty and they filled the coolant! The joke is that it was filled by the independent garage only a few weeks before. I said this was the case and the guy flat out said no they never, I affirmed they did and he just looked at me like to say so what, he then said well it's empty. I then said to him. Look that means there is something seriously wrong with the car. Since he tried to make me feel stupid (maybe because I am a woman), I said I will check with the independent garage to confirm it was filled even though I know they filled it up. But something is wrong.

A few days later and I mean a few I contacted them again and said the car was cold.

Before a week could pass since my last visit to them, a emergency signal came up on the car (flashing red then continuously). The car started bellowing smoke from the engine and became very mechancial feeling making crazy squeaky noises (its hard to explain but that the best way I can put it). I was petrified!

I contacted them, requested a replacement car informed them of my distress. They said they would collect it but I have not got any legal rights, the guy was rude and shouting down the phone. I was at work miles from home stranded, which he claims is not there problem. They are not obligated to do anything. He also told me if I want any answers to what he was saying to put it in writing as they have not got any legal obligations, ect (now this is just a summary folks, without the full content of the conversation of my lack of rights according to him).

He denied me ever telling them about the issue with the heating (which is only one of the problems with the car). He continued to be rude and shout, affirming me having no rights. I told them this is costing me money and distressing ect, which he basically said was my problem.

Should the company not of told me information pertaining to the condition the car was in before I brought it?

Now folks this is just a summary, of the current issue at hand. Any comments please let me know. In fact I am keen to hear your stories, I won't be surprised if you also brought a car with serious, dangerous faults from the same place.

Let me know.

hi i have had a similar case, i brought a three year old car from a car supermarket, i was very pleased at first, took to over to the dealers to collect my floor mats and dog guard that i had ordered, when i pulled up, one of the mechanics said you have got a engine fault, i said i could not have only got the car that day, he was very nice and had a quick look under the bonnet and said that the bottom part of the enigne was worn and could no say how long the car would drive could be a month could be a year, i was horrified, took the car straight back that afternoon, got the usual fob off nothing wrong, must be my driving, i was really mad and would not leave and made a scene (very busy did not like my comments) so they agreed to look at the car they said it would take three weeks to fix I obtained written confirmation from the main dealers of the problem. three weeks later still no car and i found where the car had been taken after several visits and phone calls four times a day and made a call to them, they had not started work on the car as it was going to cost nearly 4,000 to repair and the garage did not want to pay this. but i was not told this from where i had purchased it from they kept on telling me it was being fixed will have it back any day! I contacted the RAC and had a full inspection carried out which confirmed the main dealers inspection and i said i was going to call trading standards and get some legal advice, as i was without my car for nearly a month no repair, noone seemed bothered apart from me i basically told them to refund the money for the car and pay for my hire car for a month, they said no at first but i told them i was taking them to the small claim court to recover the fees and that the local newspaper would love a good story also told watchdog, after 6 weeks they paid up the full amount but the stress was too much. I WOULD NEVER EVER NOW PURCHASE A CAR WITHOUT FIRST HAVING IT INSPECTED I HAVE LEARNED THE HARD WAY