Go back on signed agreement for charges?

LolStevo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya just wondering if anyone can help me?

I have already claimed twice against Natwest for charges and the 2nd time as it was only a small amount and i needed the money quickly i signed the agreement letter that they sent to me.

I have now realised that since this i have been charged another £349 and was wondering if i can claim this back as i have signed this stupid agreement? Can any1 help me?!?!?

xx:mad:

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

No it was a while ago i just sent it back it was just one line saying:

I, ...... accept the amount of £196 as full and final settlement of all charges with Natwest.

And i had to sign and date.

They did send me one and i amended it to say that i would only accept for this amount and not future charges but they sent it back saying they couldnt accept it and i had to sign another! Would this be like legally binding? x

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

I changed the words on my agreement, inserting that i accpeted the settlement in full only to compensate for the charges because there are other issues that I am taking up with them, that will be alright won't it?

James

If it was only a letter and not a court order there is little force in any written agreement not to sue. They can not make you sign away your future rights.

Although third time round they may well start closing accounts or some other nice tactic.

Best of luck

Zoot

Oh well thats ok then cos i stopped banking with them after they were sooo rude!!!! I went into the branch 2day to hand in my 1st letters but felt a bit sad as i handed them to the new manager who is actually an old friend of mine!!! aaaggghh haha

I have also sent copy letters to the customer relations in borehamwood so hopefully i will get a response! Just wondering what i will write back to them if they say no as i signed their agreement!?!? x

hiya I'm in exactly the same boat as you last year I signed an agreement after my first claim and have now just started the 2nd claim, I am fully expecting it to take forever because they will drag it out and I think are much less likely to settle before filing the court claim.

When they write re the agreement I am just going to point out that its an unfair contract term as per the UCTA 1977 and that you can't sign away a legal right!

I'm sure they'll pay up eventually they'll just take their time about it, I'm about 2 weeks in front of you as I've just sent LBA so keep me up to date with how you get on!

Stacy x

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

The Unfair terms in Consumer Contracts regualtions 1999

regulation 5(5)

Got UCTA on the brain through charges issues!

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!