my NHS problems...

legalpickle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

post deletion

Edited by legalpickle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

So, to summarise:

- you are at least 30kg overweight

- you smoke

- every time a doctor attempts to begin a treatment regime, you complain, move or go to a different doctor

...and you still wonder why you are unhealthy, and why nothing works?

I'm afraid that if I worked in the NHS rather than the military health system I would also be checking to ensure you had paid up all your NI for whilst you were away, too.

please delete thread & posts

Edited by legalpickle
post deletion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

None of what you say changes the facts, that are, by your own admission, that you are at least 30kg overweight, and you smoke. I don't think anyone would argue that obesity and smoking are two significant contributory factors to ill-health.

So you don't owe any NI - which is great. It's entirely legitimate to ask someone who has lived abroad about their entitlement to treatment within a social medicine system.

Whatever happened in Israel, you go on to state a catalogue of misery in which you tell us that you have seen doctors at NMGH, Hope Hospital, MRI & Altrincham; made complaints; changed GP and seen consultants privately. Your comments about the doctors and treatment are generally disparaging. It seems to me that you are shopping around until someone gives you just what you want, not what their clinical judgment tells them is the correct treatment. You also don't seem to want to take responsibility for your own actions - if you did you'd lay off the pies and the cigarettes.

In general, the NHS provides what is medically necessary. It's not always as quick as we'd like, or as user-friendly, but for those who can't afford the private alternative, it's all their is.

You appear to be confusing not being told what you want to hear with unhelpfulness. Unlucky.

Edited by legalpickle
post deletion

Hi Legalpickle

I am sorry that you got such an unhelpful reply earlier - this site is supposed to be for helping each other not slating or judging.

Firstly, your post is entitiled 'My NHS problem' but it's important that you accept the problems are organic and you are presenting with several major health problems that do not have a one stop solution.

I can see that you’ve posted out of desperation and you must be very scared and emotionally exhausted. That said, I'm sure you know it’s absolutely impossible and would be entirely irresponsible and inappropriate for anyone to give you specific medical advise given the complicated history of symptoms and diagnoses so I’ll just offer a few bits of info that might help tie up the problems you have experienced so far.

Firstly high blood pressure and Vesicoureteral Reflux go hand in hand and this is likely to have been a condition from childhood that has gone unnoticed until adolescence. As you don’t say how old you are now, I can’t comment on how normal (ie within expected timeline) the deterioration has been that has led to your UK diagnosis of Stg III Renal Failure.

What specific cause diagnosis have you been given for the renal failure? A common cause is [chronic] glomerulonephritis which would also account for (amongst other symptoms) the foot swelling (oedema) and breathlessness you’ve experienced. But also see leaky heart valve below.

With regards to the deviated septum, this would ideally be treated by a simple operation called Septoplasty however as you appear to have reasonable air movement through the nasal passages, the operative risks involved would IMO not justify you undergoing any surgery in light of your overriding condition of renal disease.

Obstructive Sleep Apnoea would certainly have accounted for why you felt constantly tired upon waking in the morning with lethargy through the day and often feeling like you have a hangover however it may well be that this was initially a diagnosis that delayed the investigation of renal disease.

With regard to the leaky heart valve, as you have not posted how severe or what investigation has been done on it, it’s hard to comment. Lots of people go through life with this without ever knowing or being affected by it. However, if the leaking is severe it may alter the pressure in one or more of the chambers which puts strain on the heart and can produce symptoms of heart failure such as breathlessness or swollen feet and ankles. So it’s important that your medical team eliminate this as the main cause of your breathlessness and swelling so they can identify the best combined treatment programme.

I presume you are no longer prescribed Ventolin or Flixotide? I’m rather surprised that you were prescribed Diclofenac if the gp was aware of your pre-existing heart and renal conditions.

Your gout is likely linked to the renal disease as it occurs due to a build up of uric acid (a waste product that the kidneys get rid of) however Colchicine, whilst an effective treatment for gout, must be prescribed with extreme caution and monitored very carefully where the patient has reduced kidney function. It can cause muscle inflammation which is likely what cause your overall body aching in the following days of administration.

I presume you understand that fibromyalgia is another name for fibrositis and this will severely compound any pre existing sleep disturbance conditions. Tricyclic antidepressants are an effective drug therapy for fibromyalgia however you gp will have to weigh this up against any heart disorder and you may be better off with an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor).

With regards to your reductil prescription, I presume your gp is aware that you have renal disease? I ask because this drug has a contraindication for patients suffering from severe renal impairment.

You say you took part in the Expert Patient Programme, does that mean you have dropped out of it? Is there anyway you would consider going back to it, not so much for the physical benefits but for the emotional and psychological support it can offer?

In desperate times, it's all too easy for onlookers to say well you're fat and you smoke so tough but this just isn't the reality of it. My partner is disabled with pain on a daily basis. He knows smoking is wrong, he knows all the facts but he has contiued to smoke for over twenty years (he is giving up when the ban comes into force in Wales in a few days time so God help me!!)

Please don't be discouraged or put off by negative posts and please feel free to PM me if you feel uncomfortable posting publicly. I have yet to come across anyone in my life (and I'm a middle aged bird) that wasn't partially responsible for some of their health problems - the important thing is that you're acknowledging it and making an attempt. I'm happy to give you support in this legalpickle.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Edited by legalpickle
post deletion

Edited by legalpickle
post deletion