Solowka v Nat West

Solowka
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several years a go I changed banks and moved address, altho i thought i had transfered and canceled all my DD i apparently overlooked one, last week i received a letter from a collection agency acting on behalf of the Nat West demanding payment of 370 pounds, all of it incurred by that one returned DD and the subsequent extortionate bank charges, I was willing just to fight that and let it be but not now, as i am going to claim back all that they owe me, it is down to the posts that i have read on this forum that has inspired me to do just that. I thank you all

Cheers for that :) I shall keep this updated about how my claim is going if that ok with everyone?

Reading the forum at work last night i came across a very good additional paragraph to the DPA request, something about replying in non bank language so that a non bank worker could understand, but i cant find the bugger now lol.

Anyhoo, me off bed now...work again tonight.

Good luck in your claim too.

Hmmm, in a predicament now, ShatWest wont give me my account number because they`ve cloded it down and I no longer appear on the data base, plus they`ve passed it on to the debt collectors, the debt collecting agancy wont tell me and said to get in touch with the bank. the bank informed me to pay the charges to which i replied `No, they are unlawful and punitive` to which he got a tad flustered, so im stuck in no mans land!

Any help please?

Did you request the account number from a branch? Maybe you'll have better luck with the head office? They MUST have details somewhere. Quite often you get different information from different people. My brother was told by one person his statements would cost £2.50 each for duplicates. When he ranf the same number again and spoke to someone else, she told him £5 for the lot. Keep trying. Sorry I can't be of more help.

[

I did go to the branch, but i have just rung John Cunnane and he gave me the number of another dept so i have now got all the details i need, so the DPA will be posted tomorrow hehe. Shatwest did admit to selling on my account to a debt collection agency.

An update, rang CapQuest last week to obtain a copy of the agrrement they had with ShatWest (thanks to the advice from Martin3030) and got this this morning.

Dear Mr Solowka

Power of Attorny: ShatWest Bank PLC

Account No: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Balance 373.22

Further to recent contact with our office and your request for further information regarding the above account, we would confirm that your account is now on hold for 14 days whilst we obtain the information required.

If you have any proof of payments or correspondence that would assist with your query, please forward these doccuments, with a brief letter to our Collections Administration department, so we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Yours sicerely

(unreadable computer/scanned squiggle)

Collection Administration Department

CapQuest Debt Recovery Limited

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering the dpa deadline expires next wednesday, i am currently on the phone to the muppets trying to give them a gentle push hehe.

AARRRGGHHHH!!!! being past from pillar to post, this will now be the 3rd dept i`d have been transfered too, `urge to kill...rising` lol.

on hold.

`Hate eveything, revenge soon, take out everyone`.

*twiddles thumbs and has a smoke and coffee*

At last i`m done on the phone, and i`m still no clearer of when i`ll get it lol, will wait patiently until the 12th hehe.

Still no word from shatwest, but did get a letter from capquest about my request for the original agreement, it roughly reads

`blah blah, in talks with natwest, blah blah, account on hold, blah blah, interest frozen, blah blah, will get in touch within 28 days`

funny thing was i asked for the agreement weeks ago lol.

Deadline for the dpa request runs out in 5 days, but will wait and see what happens til then.

Still no statements so it looks like i`ll have to warm up my printer for the letter that will be going out to them on the 12th hehe. Its scandalous that they can cash the cheque and not deliver the goods in time...swines that they are lol.

Mr Postman has just been and delivered my `go away` letter from the rbos http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/8579-time-i-gave-go.html but still no sign of my dpa from the shatwest, will print off my non-compliance letter and post it tomorrow after work if no response is here.

(Edit)

Just phoned the branch again to give a gentle push, it would appear my account was closed 07/05 and are unable to help me, if this is the case that my account was closed (without informing me) and sold onto a debt collection agency, why was my cheque cashed for a service they had no intention of providing?

They are very quick to take the money from us but very slow to return the favor. I sent my Data Protection letter in and was recieved 6.7.2006. Hmmmm hoping they just send it all.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

hopefully your dpa will arrive, my account was closed and sold on by them last year, but thats not gonna stop me posting my dpa non-compliance letter when i get back from work lol.

My Statments turned up at last, and just as i suspected the whole debt is made up of charges from that one DD who indidently tried 3 times to withdraw it on the same day, plus I have been defaulted by the bank but never got the default notice so a nice little letter will be on its way to our friend Mr. Higley lol

Guest NATTIE

salowska- when you posted DPA where did you post it? was it branch/ Customer Relations/ Alex Lyons-the dpa bod?

Was quite intrigued that one DD bounced 3 times on same day, was it same amount and same company?

Aye, it was the same company and for the same amount £15.99 (£47.97 in total), must`ve had charges on the same day too cos the balance shown -£89.98, cos i had a total of £0.01p in the bank on day of withdrawal lol.

I sent the original DPA request to the branch.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks