• Tweets

• you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

b8byd v Lloyds TSB

b8byd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We sent the standard letter requesting details of our charges to Penny Berryman at the Chiswell St address at the beginning of Feb. I just called her direct line to see what was happening, and the poor lady almost had a panic attack! She has asked if I can PLEASE remove her direct line from this website because she is not the person dealing with requests for copy statements. She did however say all mail would be forwarded to the correct address. But i've checked with Royal Mail and my recorded delivery letter (and one on behalf of my partner sent on the same day) were not signed for, and the letters, each containing a 10GBP postal order, are on their way back to me!

Does anyone have a FAX number for the correct department, so that I can fax a copy of our original letters saying that we've been waiting more than 40 days?

Also, does anyone know if statements for a personal loan and a credit card would be dealt with by the same department?

Much appreciated!

b8byd

b8byd :D

Hi there!Have recently just got my statements from Lloyds.If it helps I sent letter to :

Lloyds TSB Bank Plc

Copy Statement Unit

Swallow House

PO BOX 139

10, Swallow Street

Birmingham

BX1 1LT

Sent recorded delivery and got my statements within 10 days!!

Good Luck:)

I phoned Penny Berryman on her direct number today and she was most polite but did say that it was not her or the data protection dept that dealt with any of this, all mail gets redirected to the copy statement unit in Birmingham. I must say I feel a little sorry for the poor old girl as I can imagine how many calls she has had recently.

pip pip.......

dan............

Preliminary request sent to lloyds 7.3.07

LBA sent to lloyds 21.3.07

N1 form filed at the court 4.4.07

OK will send by recorded delivery again to the Swallow address - thanks Emsie - but this is starting to cost a bloomin fortune! At least i'll get my original postal orders back when the letters eventually come back to me (which Royal Mail reckon can take a month).

Btw, has anyone else has problems with recorded delivery letters lately as i'm starting to think there's something wrong with my local post office. Of 14 letters i've sent in the last couple of months, 7 of them have not been signed for, and are on their way back to me!!!

If anyone has a fax number, that would still be much appreciated too. I really love the way you feed your letter thru the machine, and almost instantly you get a confirmation of receipt. No nonsense - they can't refuse to sign for it and send it away!

And can I request statements for bank account, cc and personal loan in one letter (with just one 10GBP)?

Thanks muchly

b8byd

out of the two letters sent recorded delivery i have signiture proof of only one but royal mail say that both have been signed for but they can only provide proof for 1....

hi mods, as discussed it is not worth having the data protection departments address and Penny Berrymans direct number as this department has nothing to do with our DPA requests, they get forwarded to copy statements unit in Birmingham. Pennys department has nothing to do with customers and it would be a nice gesture to remove her and her departments details from the site. As I have said above a couple of us have spoken direct to Penny and though very helpfull and I think even sympathetic to our cause she must be a bit frustrated with all the misplaced calls which are also a waste of time for the caller.

choo...choo....

dan..

Hello all

I'm about to start my bank charges claim against Lloyds, but would somebody help me out with something?

1. In my list of charges there are regular 'Account Charges' of £5 at the start of every month. Now I know this particular bank do have special accounts where you pay for certain services, e.g. my other half had a gold account with them and had to pay £8 per month for the pleasure. However, I never agreed to any such account and as far as I knew I only had a normal account (with a normal blue/green coloured card). It wouldn't surprise me if they were charging me this without my permission after watching Whistleblower on Weds! However my question is this: if those are normal account charges, can I claim them back at the same time as the other unlawful charges? [sorry this question is so long-winded!]

2. Also i'm going to claim contractual interest at 29.8% APR (their unauthorised overdraft rate). Should I claim this right from the off in my preliminary letter, or wait til the LBA?

Thanks muchly for any help,

b8byd

Hi

You can't claim these account charges. But if you are adamant that you never signed up for them I would go and see someone in your branch, you should get a refund I would think.

With CI you have to put it in your prelim letter and LBA letter.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Thanks Barty :)

Will defo keep this thread updated and let you know how I get on.

As for the 'Account Charges' - yes I am sure I didn't ask for this type of account, so i'll speak to them about that separately. I vaguely remember complaining about this before though (this account is old and has been closed for a few years), but I obviously wasn't successful as the charges are still there!

Thanks again

b8byd

• 1 month later...

Hi guys - I sent my prelim on 22 March 2007 and I have since received 3 letters from them, with the final one saying that they can't agree to refund the charges (its been so long because I haven't had time to deal with this until now).

The last paragraph of my first letter said: "If you do not respond positively, I will have no option but to take this matter to the small claims court".

Is it worth sending them a letter before action, or should I just go ahead and make a moneyclaim?

Thanks for your help.

Della

You really should send LBA. This shows the court that you have acted fairly and reasonably.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm at the stage where I should now submit a claim form, which I prepared last week ready for payday at the end of the month. However, i've been reading through some of the Lloyds threads and am now a bit concerned. My court fee will be £120 so I don't want to go ahead if its likely i'll lose. I don't have any terms and conditions.

Also is it true that a precedent was set that we can't claim compound/contractual interest? Right back since the preliminary stage I have claimed interest at 29.8% on the basis of mutuality and reciprocity (sp?). Does this mean I would need to start again from the beginning, or just give the Judge an alternative in my claim form?

Thanks so much for any help, and I apologise if i'm repeating questions that others have asked.

b8byd

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all. I have received a letter today offering me 750.00 in full and final settlement. The amount of my charges is 965.00 but I also claimed contractual interest right from the start, so the total at today's date including interest (of 29.8%) is 2,798.87.

I read somewhere that a claim was lost on contractual interest. Is that correct? If so, how do I go about claiming 8% interest instead, or do I just have to accept that I may have to forego a claim for interest now and push them to pay back 100% of my charges with no interest?

Thanks for any help offered.

b8byd

Hi there - my plan of action is to write to Lloyds one last time before submitting my court claim, saying that in an attempt to reach an amicable settlement I would be prepared to accept a total refund of the charges with 8% interest. Do you think this is ok, seeing as I have been claiming contractual interest since the preliminary stage?

If that doesn't work I won't hesitate to submit the court claim, but at the moment I can't really afford the court fees so I guess it is worth one last stab with them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello All

I just had a quick query which I was hoping somebody would be able to answer....

I have an ongoing bank charges claim with LTSB, but I haven't yet submitted my claim form as i'm awaiting the outcome of the test case. I still have an outstanding balance on this account, but it is less than the value of my claim! So when they wrote to me recently saying that my repayment 'special arrangement' had come to an end, and demanding full payment of the outstanding balance, I wrote to them and said that I wasn't going to make any more payments until my bank charges claim was resolved.

They have completely ignored my letter and since then I have been getting several calls to my home and mobile every day - even on Sundays! I have just spoken to someone in collections and pointed out my letter, but he said they have every right to keep contacting me in this way when I owe them money. I asked to be put through to somebody with more seniority, but he just put me on hold for 15 mins until I hung up.

Any ideas what I can do. Its the calls that are annoying as they come quite late at night too. Do I have to just put up with them until this is all resolved? Should I just start paying them a minimal amount until the OFT case is finished and my claim is resolved?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...