advertising company messing me about

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the best way to explain this is to paste a copy of the letter i intend to send. please tell me what you think i should do/change/ask for:-x

RE: ******** planner advert, North east Birmingham & Staffordshire edition

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you regarding my advert placed in the 2006 edition of the above mentioned ****** planner book, of which I am very disappointed.

The problems started when I moved from Dudley to Walsall, initially I was advertising in the North west midlands edition of the ******* planner (2005 edition). During the end of 2005 I re-located to Walsall and decided to include my advert in the North east Birmingham & Staffordshire edition as well as the Dudley edition. This was done for me and I was completely satisfied with, but, when the new 2006 North west midlands edition was released, I was not asked if I wished to advertise in this publication or even pre-warned of its forthcoming release, and consequently my advert was not included in the next edition.

Whilst I accepted this and understand that this was possibly a misunderstanding between myself and ‘The ******* planner’ obviously I am sure you appreciate that this caused me to lose a lot of work. But even so I chose not to take it any further. Until January this year when I have now realised that ‘The ******* planner has made another mistake with my adverts!

Sometime during the middle of October I was contacted by your representative to be put into the North east Birmingham & Staffordshire edition for January 2006. The only request I had was that I could submit new artwork to ‘The ******* planner’ via e-mail, to include my new website, e-mail address, telephone number, and exclusive ******* planner offer. (Save 5% when mentioning T.W.P)

I promptly re-designed and e-mailed the artwork, safe in the knowledge that I would receive a confirmation E-mail as promised to assure me that the advert was all in order. This never arrived, so, I called your representative and was told that my E-mail had not been received, so I E-mailed it again... This process happened approximately 5 times, until finally I made another call in December and was assured that the advert had been received and would be in January’s ’publication. I was happy with this response and so awaited delivery of my advert confirmation by post for me to check and sign. This never arrived.

In January I attended a ******* fayre in Bridgnorth where I met with one of your representatives and asked them to send me a copy of the new planner for me to see. The book was promptly delivered to me, but unfortunately another problem! The newly designed advert was not in this book. But my old advert, complete with un-used E-mail address and no website address.

As I am sure you can understand if I was to say I am completely devastated with this it would be an understatement.

So, in summary, my advert was missed from north west midlands edition for 2006, latest advert in north midlands edition does not include specified artwork, again causing my business to lose money!

So the point of my letter is basically to ask what you intend to do about this? Especially considering you have placed an advert which I have not signed for.

I expect your reply within the next week.

:D

i emailed the artwork 5 times and was assured that it had been received and was all in order. its not my job to hold their hand.

when i do work for someone i dont get them to follow me around making sure im doing it right!:roll:

Guest Lueeze

Sean, can you tone down the sarcasm in your posts please.

Its not helpful to the OP, as Big Blue, obviously did call them on more than 1 occasion to check they had recieved the artwork and were going ahead with the new advert.

Blue, what did you pay for their service? I would say perhaps ask for a refund, but I doubt you will get anything else apart from that, as It would be your word against theirs that you lost income from their mistake. You would have to prove this and have very strong evidence, including phone records and converstions and email correspondance. If you have all this and believe you may have a strong case, PM me and I will see if any of the other mods know the best course of action for you.

Good Luck

Louise xx

Bit harsh that Sean!

I've placed several ads with local newspapers and it's unfortunate that they do sometimes need their hand holding. I think the best you can expect back is a refund of what you have paid and I shouldn't think they would kick up such a stink in paying this.

In the future I would suggest only placing an ad on the agreement that you will receive a proof to sign off before going to print.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks