Orange Default and their reply...

jkspepper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although I don't regularly post (there is so much information here that I felt it was unnecessary to ask when I can search) I use this forum a lot.

But now I have come to a situation where I can not seem to find a definite answer too.

The background:

I had an Orange contract which I held for many years and paid on time every bill each month.

I decided to cancel the contract about a year ago and did so normally, but I was unaware of an outstanding amount of £18 was still on the account.

I didn't realise this until 6 months later and immediately paid it off.

I now have a default registered on my credit file, although I do not remember ever receiving a default notice. So I got Equifax to look into it for me and this is the reply I received from Orange.

As your mobile phone agreement is not classed as a regulated agreement under the consumer credit act 1974 we are also not obliged to send a formal default notice. In place of this we send a monthly bill and reminder letters which include information relating to the effect non payment will have on your ability to obtain credit. We also advise you in advance of joining the Orange network that we will pass on details of your payment performance to the credit reference agencies. This can be found in section 19 of your terms and conditions in your phones user guide or inbox literature.

Is this true?

More specifically, does the default on my account still stand even though they are not under the CCA and I never received a default notice?

Any help is appreciated.