cherryc v's hsbc....

cherryc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all!

i am very new to this idea of claiming my money back, and have spent the morning going over the site and my bank statements! i'm not trying to claim a lot, just under £2000, which hopefully won't be a problem, as i'm a poor student and could really do with the money, especially seeing as they wouldn't let me switch my current account to a student account, even though i've only ever been with hsbc, and from the early age of 11 or 12.......i digress! :mad:

anyway, i was wondering if i should send the letter saying that i'm going to claim my charges back, or just go ahead and ask for the amount without any warning? also, does anybody know if claim's have been rejected in the past?

thank you :)

Cherry you should start with a letter to HSBC asking for your charges to be paid back http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.htmlincluding the amount that you are owed. Everybody gets their claim rejected at first by the banks saying that the charges are within the terms and conditions. Just because they reject doesn't make them right. Follow the process on this forum read as much as possible so you know what you're doing and in a few months you'll have your money back. :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

The process is all set out here and standard template letters are all in the library ready for you to edit with your own details. If you stick to the timetable and format suggested then the bank will pay you. No one has failed to get an offer and settlement from a straight "give me my money back" claim and even members who have pushed the boundaries have a very good success rate.

For now concentrate on your Schedule of Bank Charges (spreadsheet in the library) Preliminary Letter (template in the library) and Letter Before Action (template in the library) and try to read the threads that deal with those. it will give you some great insight into how things work and standard HSBC tactics.

pete

I would challenge them regarding the student account both my daughter who has now graduated and my son who is currently at university changed their accounts, unless you are a mature student I dont know if that makes a difference.

But if you are entitled to qualify for a student account and have been denied this so they can rape and plunder your account in charges then I would challenge this

hope you don't feel bombarded with info from us - you should feel encouraged that all these people are willing to share what they have learned so far with you in order to help your case.

in that vein, you don't say how you know it is that amount - if you have all your statements that's great, or if you requested them and got them that's fine - or from the internet where you can get them going back 6 years. my bit to add is this - if you have all your statements - go over them closely - looking for anything with a DR next to it and cross reference it with the info on here:Charges description on statements - Please Read.

so many people find ones they have missed and it's good to get it correct from the beginning - although you could add charges up to the point that you file the claim with the court.

good luck