One question before I send off my claim

Shanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've lurked here and on Martins Money Tips for a while but I've now decided that it's time I tried to get some of my charges back. It is from a building society that's not been mentioned before so it's a bit of uncharted territory. I will try and post as things go if only to give some encouragment to others to take the same first step.

Anyway... I have gone through all my bank statements since May 2000 and worked out they have charged me over £1000 in penalty charges for refused debits etc and the excel sheet from the library here tells me a further £300 odd in interest has been paid. These alone will wipe my overdraft clear and let me start fresh - with some lessons learned :oops:.

But they have also charged me another £350 in 'overdraft usage fees'. Can I claim these back as well given that they are for times when i was just running on overdraft and not incurring any other additional fees?

Thanks

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

Guest Lueeze

Hello!

Sorry we missed you post! Its busy around here!

Anyway yes add the Overdraft usage fee as far as I know its charged if you go over the agreed limit, if its not, or its for setting up and overdraft then dont add it.

Good Luck

Lou x

P.S Ive moved you into other institutions!

Hi Lou and thanks for the response :) It's a good sign for us that this site is so busy, although I don't believe the banks will share that sentiment especially given that one of the quickest growing theads is the success story one!

Parachute accounts opened :rolleyes: and my first letter went off yesterday so I await with interest to see what response will come of it.

I will post back as things develop.

Thanks to all for the encouragment.

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Account Closed

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, my first letter went off and apart from a standard acknowledgment of reciept saying the matter will be dealt with I have heard nothing.

So the lba is due to be sent off tomorrow. I have been reading with interest the debate regarding fees owed from before 6 years ago and having looked back, I have been charged almost £2500 in the period from 1998 to 2000. When I send my lba can I just say that I miscalculated the extent of their offences and will now be proceding with a claim for £3500 in total or would it be better to make a seperate claim altogether.

If so should I wait for the outcome on the first and then start the second or just pile in with fresh 'letter 1' and get the ball rolling immediately.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help and advise so far.

Cheers, Shanks

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Account Closed

Personally I would just claim the amount within the last 6 years for now, then do a seperate claim for the rest.

The charges that fall outside of the 6 years can be more difficult to claim back and you don't want it to jeopardise your current claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Account Closed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks