confused - second claim against HBOS, don't know what to do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have successfully completed one small claim against HBOS for £750. I am now looking to claim the remaining £3075. The news about courts not accepting second and third cases came to light after I already won my small claims but now I am really confused as to what to do next. What is the recommended path with this new information? FOS? I'm not sure i can get an address in England to go down that route.

I am also seeking default removal, can FOS do this?

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

Hi, Knoxvillian.

I also did not hear about the courts knocking back second claims on the same account.I won my first Small Claim against BOS back in October. I filed a Summary Cause against BOS in January 07 then started to get worried. On my return date I phoned the court and there was no response from BOS. Went to court the next day to file for decree and I am waiting for the courts reply. I still have £5,115.00 to claim back and was thinking of going down the English route myself, seems it's easy to rent an English Mailing address and then the mail is forwarded to you, I'll let you know how I get on. The court did not knock back my Summary Cause.

Best wishes.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Knoxvillain, I would advise you to take the least risk that is available to use, this i see as the FOS, there is no fee for you here, only the banks get charges from the FOS when you complain and it dosent rule out court should you still wish to go down that road, im told that they have a 100% success in these type of complaints, i am unsure of the default issue but would also suggest to mention this in the FOS complaint form,

hope this helps.

George

how long does FOS take? I understand it's longer than court but I should be able claim the full amount in one go making it shorter than 2 x summary causes?

I suppose what I could do is get the cash back through FOS and if they can't do anything about the defaults then I could proceed to court over the defaults.

Do you know of any threads from people who have gone down the FOS route? Most of the ones I see are Small Claims.

Thank you both for your responses :)

thanks Bigmac, I'm getting married two weeks today so i'll probably stick this on the backburner until i return from my honeymoon and then a more clearer path will hopefully be set out . :)