Have You Had Dealings With Bryan Carter & Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been away and with the postal strike the mail dated 6th July 09 only turned up on my door step around the 22nd. 1st from Fredrickson Int Ltd, and after I queried the bill another from Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors.

I defaulted on Aug 03 £52 from sinlgepoint 4U for something (almost 6yrs :(), that rose to £72.25 with Fredrickson having it or at least I presume that this has happened. I have spent 5 days looking for bills to support there claim on me as I didn't think it was mine. After getting a credit report I learned the above. Its the only default I have.

Fredrickson's found me in June and the amount has gone from £72.25 to £143.03. Details--->

Interest £5.78 Court Fees £15.00

Solicitors Costs £50.00

Can I reduce this amount, I have done alot of searching and found the linked address of Bryan and Fredrickson's. I can't still slip though the 6 years unenforceable credit agrement can I. I sent a CCA request off today.

Where do I stand?

• 1 month later...

just had a letter from bryan carter & co solicitors showing address as De Havilland Drive,weybridge,surrey,KT13 OND, tel 0845 3133123. why have these got so many diff addresses. when you type it in search it comes up with diff address,diff phone no,but same post code. this letter has got no mention of any other company or partners only the ref co-operative bank plc. confused :confused:

I've dealt with Bryan Carter and that address you've quoted is for them.I was trying to explain my experience with them last year to people on here a week or so ago but they were just trying to tell me I was talking rubbish when it was them the head game twats on here who have perception issues.THESE PEOPLE ARE willing to take action as far as getting a court summons to retreive the money I understand balifs sometimes pretend to have authority to retreive funds but there are levels of court action just a court order I think can be avioded but a summons has to be complieed with but don't ask me I'm free from these people now I don't need to be on this pathetic blog anymore.The law is arsehole its not logical and the people who make them are insane.

I have just started dealing with Bryan Carter & Co after receiving a letter about a debt that I owe. Within one month they took me to court for a CCJ. They ignored my offer of a payment plan. Once I received the documents from the court I sent it back within 24hrs. I then received a 'Judgement in default' telling me how much I must pay. Within 2 days Bryan Carter sent a letter saying that they were able to accept my original payment offer, not even mentioning the court action. I have no idea what to do next. Do I pay what the court notice says or do I pay my first offer. :confused:

I have just started dealing with Bryan Carter & Co after receiving a letter about a debt that I owe. Within one month they took me to court for a CCJ. They ignored my offer of a payment plan. Once I received the documents from the court I sent it back within 24hrs. I then received a 'Judgement in default' telling me how much I must pay. Within 2 days Bryan Carter sent a letter saying that they were able to accept my original payment offer, not even mentioning the court action. I have no idea what to do next. Do I pay what the court notice says or do I pay my first offer. :confused:

Presumably the payment the court set is less than the one you originally offered but in any event pay the court figure and Bryan Carter can do nothing. You did ask for time to pay and the court set a figure for you to pay weekly/monthly?

Hi 123Jaycee123, the court payment is higher than what i offered them the first time. And no i didn't ask for time to pay and the payment is for monthly. (as this is the first time i have had to deal with the courts and debt collectors) But after reading all these posts, i am thinking that i should pay them off and try to get rid of these

:mad: people. They sound quite evil. I am so glad that i didn't give my phone number.

I've dealt with Bryan Carter and that address you've quoted is for them.I was trying to explain my experience with them last year to people on here a week or so ago but they were just trying to tell me I was talking rubbish when it was them the head game twits on here who have perception issues.THESE PEOPLE ARE willing to take action as far as getting a court summons to retreive the money I understand balifs sometimes pretend to have authority to retreive funds but there are levels of court action just a court order I think can be avioded but a summons has to be complieed with but don't ask me I'm free from these people now I don't need to be on this pathetic blog anymore.The law is arsehole its not logical and the people who make them are insane.

Some of these comments are uncalled for and go against the spirit of what CAG is about.

WE KNOW BRYAN CARTER WILL TAKE YOU TO COURT GIVEN THE CHANCE

But again as I have posted previously on other threads where you have made comments about other members, you seem to want to have a go at the very people who have the experience to deal with this so called solicitor. You have dealt with Bryan Carter in your own way and for you it worked BUT some of your statements and comments are plainly wrong or you are unsure of your ground which gives OTHER PEOPLE who are less experienced in these matters the WRONG PERCEPTION.

For the record a Court Summons is an instruction made by a court, or a claim made by someone who may or may not have a just claim against someonelse for money.

A Court Order is an order usually made by a Judge aand unless you apply to the courts for a variation of the order you should comply.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

In March of this year was made bankrupt. I have today received a letter from the Insolvency Service that has discharged me early. However, I am getting pre recorded ansaphone messages on my landline asking me to call Bryan Carter Solicitors.

This is the second person still chasing me for debt. It would seem that some debt collection agencies are still selling on debt even though they know that I have been made bankrupt. Seems a terrible [problem].

cokdeli

Just a update on my CCA, they have taken the cheque (sorry I didn't read up on that before sending it but nothing seems to have come of my signature on it) for £2. But I haven't heard a reply to the defaulted agreement, its well past the 14+2 day limit it advised on here (31 days - working). I'll get a credit check and make sure its off my record, as its now a month over 6 years also.

In March of this year was made bankrupt. I have today received a letter from the Insolvency Service that has discharged me early. However, I am getting pre recorded ansaphone messages on my landline asking me to call Bryan Carter Solicitors.

This is the second person still chasing me for debt. It would seem that some debt collection agencies are still selling on debt even though they know that I have been made bankrupt. Seems a terrible [problem].

cokdeli

this has also happened to me ! i rang the lady at the insolvency service to let them know what was going on, she took the details of the dca, this happened 5 times, all different dca's, they're chancing their arm !

Hi, new to the site but wanted to get advice on this company.

My girlfriend has received a text from BC&Co asking for her to pay the debt owed to them. Thing is she has no debts at all. With anyone. What we think has happened is she had a big problem with identity theft through T-mobile about 10 months ago with 3 very large contracts taken out using her address and other peoples names. She recieved large bills from T-mobile and obviously rang them to sort it out. They told her they would sort it and just passed the debts to collection agencies instead. The agencies sent letters asking for money or court action would be taken and again she rang them and the agencies said it would get sorted out and ignore any more letters. What we think is one or more of the agencies has now sold on the debt and BC&Co have picked one or more up.

All she has had so far is one text. No letters or any other contact. She is now quite scared after we found this site and the horror stories posted by others so would like some advice on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

• 4 months later...

subbing!!!

just received letters from Carter on behalf of my friend whom I am helping.

First request for s78 was made last year and then another made in Oct of last year and then ANOTHER made earlier this month AND STILL he hasn't bothered.Any how have a look at the letters ...

Do they look familiar to you???

Any comments...How did YOU proceed on this matter?

What would You advise me to advise him?.

.Of course no doubt these questions should more than likely be answered by reading this thread and thats what i'll do.

Here are the letters:

Carter-02July09.jpg

Carter-26Oct2010.jpg

Rgds

m2ae:mad:

Well thats the thread completed for reading up till this point.

In summing up and digesting all the posts that I have read this afternoon it is apparent that the letter that I have written on my colleagues' behalf and to be sent back to Carter in view of this PREMATURE JUDGEMENT..i have absolutely no doubt in my mind that this person will be put under pressure from me.

This is the last letter to be sent to him and shall be done so this Monay after which if there is no positive response from him then matters will be dealt with officiously and at the highest levels.

The letter that will be sent to him shall be posted for anyone whose circumstances fall to be similar...i.e s78 requests..no reply ...then suddenly like a bolt out of the blue a CCJ letter and not a scintilla of Notice of Proceedings or Threat of Proceedings...No Court Forms having been accompanied with claim form for example Admission and Defence Forms Acknowledgement of Service forms..ANY pre-action conduct Non-Compliance of Statutory Duty that he is under in performing the s78 request.

I will scan the letter in later and post up for you!!!.

rgds

m2ae:)

Edited by means2anend

If you have moved residence in the recent past then BC has probably obtained judgment at the old address. Defenestration is perfectly in order.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

If you have moved residence in the recent past then BC has probably obtained judgment at the old address. Defenestration is perfectly in order.

My Friend has lived at the same address for 30 years.I know actually know that he has lived there since 1987 Cos I used to go there then.

The alleged agreement may or may not have been taken out in late nineties.

The OC would have known what his present address was.Their representative CARTER would therefore have been fixed with actual knowledge indeed he sent a letter last July the one above stating that the matter was on hold and the matter had been referred back to his client.

He has not satisfied a s78 request yet and now he claims he has a Judgement.I have spoken to my mate this morning and he says that No Threat of Proceedings came through the post and that the above two letters are THE ONLY letters he has received in a WHOLE YEAR.

m2ae:lol:

please ! please ! please! no panicking, mass buying of sundries/food/water its only bryan carthorse not the grim reaper telling you your times up!,

i was so impressed by the way he excepted defeat in the courts that i spent my new found wealth on a holiday and sent carter a post card of me on the beach with a drink in my hand!

CHEERS MATE ,PS need another holiday about august,can you see if i owe some one else a ficticiouse debt please.

july is a good time to go to court as i have afew days off then!

see you soon all my love " the MAGICIAN".

• 1 month later...

Hello i had a request from Bryan Carter and Co for funds that i owed to Frederickson Int, i sent them a CCA request that got there on the 24 (recorded) of the month, the letter said it was penned on the 9th and they gave me 14 days but the post mark said the 11th(yes i know it should have been sent earlier but i've been working full time nowhere near a post office). Now today i recieved a letter of goodwill from frederickson Int saying i have 48 hours to pay up because i didn't respond to Bryan Carter and co. Should i send them today another cca request bequse i really don't want a CCJ against me as i'm in the process of joining the Army.

Carter is part of Fredricksons

Carter relies on scaring people into paying (normally) unenforceable debts.

They will very likely issue a claim against you but they are *very* easily seen off with a few letters and maybe an application to the Court, so don't worry.

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.