Ironside v Natwest Biz a/c

ironside

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received this letter from Nat West. Any ideas what I should do? Is it now time to accept the offer? I asked for £5000 in charges.

Thank you for your letter of 14 March. I am sorry that we seem unable to resolve your dispute with the bank over charges levied to your account.

It is inappropriate for me to repeat our legal position regarding charges and fees. Our previous letter to you of 8 March made our position very clear and I am aware that you do not agree with the bank's stance on this matter. I am concerned that the inference of your letter is that you regard as unlawful the terms and conditions of your having an account, which includes the application of charge where appropriate. If this is the case, then we must consider that you no longer wish to hold an account with the bank. However, I would like to provide you with sufficient time to consider your position on this matter but if you do wish to terminate your relationship with the bank please confirm this to me in writing.

Our offer to make you a payment of £3500 is an accurate assesment of the refundable element of the charges levied to your account. The bank will not refund the account service charges or transmission fees that you contractually agreed when you opened the account.

I note from your letter that you may now wish to seek legal redress for your complaint. If this is your intention then I would ask you to present your court papers to:

Blah Blah

Yours sincerely,

Elliott Porte

Ironside,

Re-check your charges. Take out service charges and transmission fees .Then slap in a LBA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html Also if you are not tied into the bank open a parachute account elswhere. If you cannot do that they are very wary of shutting accounts whilst you are persuing penalty charges. The financial ombusman are fining banks who shut accounts during or after bank charge case disputes. Go for it loads of help available on this site. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.