Bank and Additions charges

hayley30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I, like most of us watched the Whistleblower programme last night and have a question. I've got to the stage where i'm taking them to court after them telling me they don't owe me anything, blah, blah, blah!!! I had an additions account.........not that i have any idea what benefits I got from it!!!!! Does this mean we can claim the money back they charged for having an additions account at the same time as the charges or do i have to start another case with them?

That depends.

Have you issued your court claim yet? If not, I'd suggest writing another letter with the amended amounts and reasons for said amendment.

BUT before you do that, you have to be sure that you haven't had any of the benefits. Did you have an overdraft before you were signed on to it? Are you sure it was added on without your knowledge or were you maybe talked into it? These are some of the things you need to take into consideration before you set about reclaiming them.

One thing is certain: you should cancel it immediately, since it's obvious that you have no use for it. Do it now, or you'll forget. (separate letter from your claims one, so as not to confuse issues)

Hi

I too watched the undercover journalist at Barclays Bank programme last night with my partner, who has a Barclays account and has done for 20 years since he left school. It was very worrying!! Only 3 months ago he noticed these Additions plus ac**** fees kept appearing on his bank statements. They had increased his overdraft limit without his consent and he received no benefit for paying £14 a month for this so called service! He rang them and told them he wanted t cancel and they told him it also provided car break down cover to which he explained he would never have consented to that as he has a company car?? We were miffed? Anyhow on closer investigation of his past bank statements a total of £336 had been taken over a given period of Additions plus fees. He is today going into his local bank to demand a refund. They had to cheek to raise the fee from £12 last year to £14 this year!!!! Its the closest they can get to theft and is disgusting that we can no longer trust these huge organisations with our hard earned money, complete shambles. They have clearly got so big that the "fat cats", CEO's have no idea whats going on under their noses, or they choose to ignore it either way...

C:-x

:cool: 20/07/06 - DPL sent

11/08/06 - Chased and faxed DPL letter to Halifax

1 week later received full set of statements (4 yrs)

:o 19/08/06 - Request for £2908.31 letter sent inc interest

:-| 22/08/06 - Standard resp rec'd

:oops: 5/09/06 - Offer of £236 rec'd (are they avin a laff?)

5/08/06 - Sent LBA

8/09/06 sent letter, will accept as part settlement from Halifax not full etc.

12/09/06 - Rec'd offer of £657 (6 mnths charges as full settlement)

15/09/06 - sent letter will accept as part payment on understanding I will recover the remainder etc...

:confused: 19/09/06 - Rec'd another offer of £717? No Deal!

25/09/06 - submitted moneyclaim for full amount + court costs

:D 29/09/06 - Halifax settled in full, £3,028.31

23/10/06 - Halifax credit card settled in full

20/1106 - MBNA stettled in full

23/1106 - Halifax cardcash settled in full

If they gave him an additions account without his agreement - then it is theft.