• Tweets

• If you don’t want to discontinue before they pay, and they won’t pay before you discontinue: Just let the claim continue for now. You can suggest a Tomlin order (“Consent Order”), drafted at their cost, as a later way to resolve that impasse - that may make them see sense.
    • Hi Taximan   I will respond to this tomorrow at a better time - Ill have a further response for you.    
    • A few years ago I had a lot of cheque cashing loans rolled over with the Money Shop.   I only found out very recently that these are still classed as pay day loans and are therefore claimable for irresponsible lending.   I sent them the SAR which I recieved, and then the complaint.   After a bit of padding out they have sent me their 'final response', which is copied below.   Could someone please advise me how I should proceed. Many thanks   Thank you for taking the time in bringing your complaint to my attention on 04 Apr 2019 and for giving me the chance to put things right. I have now finished my investigation.   complaint Please read this part carefully as I will explain how I understand your complaint.   This is important in how I have reached my decision: We received your complaint via email on 04/04/2019. You believe that the loans were mis-sold to you by Your us. You claimed that the loan payments which you paid to us left you with too little money and that the loans were unaffordable. You claimed that you not afford these loans and after making the repayments to us, you had to borrow again to get through the next month. You claimed that we should have realised from the number of times you borrowed that your debt problems were getting worse and it was not responsible to continue to lend to you. Your lending took place between 10/03/2008 and 28/12/2012.   My Decision: We handle complaints following rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).   One rule is that a customer must complain within 6 years of the problem. Another rule is that if more than 6 have passed, you must complain within 3 years of knowing you could complain about the problem.   I can see that all of the loans that you are complaining about are more than 6 years old. So for me to consider these loans, I need you to tell me why you didn’t complain about these loans until now.   Next Steps: I appreciate that this may not be the response you may have been hoping for but I hope you can see how and why I have come to my decision. If you are not satisfied, you may also ask for an independent review by the Financial Ombudsman Service.   You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.   If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.   Please also see: www.financial- ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm A leaflet from the Financial Ombudsman Service, “Your Complaint and the Ombudsman” is available by post only; please contact us if you would like a copy to be sent to you.   If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us either via telephone or email using the details below and quoting the Case Reference number above. Our telephone opening hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Yours faithfully,   Customer Relations Department T: 0800 280 2548 E: customerrelations@themoneyshop.co.uk The Money Shop is a trading name of Instant Cash Loans Limited. Instant Cash Loans Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, Company Number 2685515 Registered Address: 6 Bevis Marks, London EC3A 7BA Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to credit-related activities. VAT Registration Number: 896 1022 16   *Please note that for training and security purposes, telephone calls may be recorded Letter Code - FRL  
    • Yep they are jokers.   But with a bit of stalking on linkedin and some digging i managed to find the emails of the key people who head up customer service. Needless to say i was taken care of very quickly.   Can the admin please make this a sticky for anyone else dealing with parcel2go?   n.schofield@parcel2go.com g.iveson@parcel2go.com Stephen.benson@parcel2go.com
    • Wow... made a complete hash of trying to reformat this after accidentally hitting post before I'd finished. Post above can be deleted if needed.     Then things started to become difficult     Obviously I'm not going to withdraw until I receive payment, so I completed N205A requesting Judgment on Admission and including their admission forms they sent to me. I was also mailed a copy of the companies accounts. I'm happy to upload these but I believe they are what is freely available over at Companies House.     Sent off the docs to CCMCC and expect to have the Judgment in the next few days. I'm not sure I fully accept they panicked and considered themselves out of time, because they replied to the claim a day before the forms were considered as Served by CCMCC. I think though, that rather than a discontinuance from my side on payment, to get a judgment may be beneficial to others in the future.   I'll update this as soon as I have payment or an update from the courts. I'd call this a win!
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
ang306devan

rbos - final offer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4443 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi

i accepted my banks final offer which was approx 800 less than what i had claimed for, didnt even charge the 8% interest, is there anything i can to do claim the further 800 or is that it now that i have signed and received the fist sum.

can anyone help?:confused:

thanks

As far as I am aware once you have signed and returned the form that's it :-(

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

TheDean Vs Telewest - 27/10 SB's big letter sent.

You accepted their offer, that's it I'm afraid.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

If you did not sign acceptance form as " full & final payment of all charges" you can claim again....and say you accepted that as part payment of your claim.......... IF you did sign full acceptance.....you cant.

Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyy!!!!!!

sparkie1723