Cancelling a Contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they make a major change to the price plan or service you receive from them there is usually a get out clause there.

Failing that if you take out CPW's lifeline complete product that will let you cancel once you have reached a certain point in the contract but you will need to return the handset.

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Which is one of the reasons price plans do not change! They simple become 'unavailable' to new connections. On Orange, I discovered there were 217 tariffs still 'available' with some consumers still on them, so I don't think this would ever be a cause for concern.

The 'lifeline' is just another Insurance policy, however for anyone who is unsure of what tariff or even what their usage might be, as PAYG pre-pay handset is a much safer option, and no risk to your credit file.

Absolutely. I'm a big liker of PAYG at the moment with some networks offering deals that beat contracts. My previous network gave me £15 cash credit, 500 texts, free weekend x net calls and texts all for £15 a month. Beats more or less any contract without the scary commitment

There have been one or two instances of networks making enough of a change to the tariff or their terms and conditions to allow customers an early get out but as you say this is quite rare. Orange tried to change the terms and conditions a couple of years ago making 0800 calls chargeable for new and existing customers. Quite a lot of people managed to use that change as a get out clause and anyone who didn't manage to get out were generally returned the free 0800 calls.

3 also had to let some customers out of their contracts when they implemented the charge of £25 for changing price plan

It is rare but occasionally the networks do slip up and allow people out of contracts

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

Oh agreed, although you can count the ones who are successful in the very low percentages. The trouble with networks (and lets take Orange as an example). CAG members have complained of being charges additionally for Itemised Billing, calling 0800/0500 Freephone numbers and for not paying by DDM. However, I still have all these benefits on my contract and they have not changed, but I am sure that if I change my tariff, all these horrors will make their presence felt!

what is the criteria for getting out of a contract if they change thier policys im with 3 and have been 4for nine months well before they intriduced this £25 fee Quote " 3 also had to let some customers out of their contracts when they implemented the charge of £25 for changing price plan" or am i too late

You were probably told of this in your bills or in another letter. Your continued use of the service following a reasonable time after this (normally 30 days or similar) acts as an indicator that you have agreed to the new terms

As your an existing customer the following thread may be of interest to you 3 Scrapping £25 Admin Fee - Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews as there is a slight reprieve for you now