HSBC, Whats My Chances?

slinkyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive done letter one requesting my 6yrs worth of statments.

They came through really quick within 6 days plus they also returned my £10 cheque.

All turning up in around 30 envelopes, on the same day. Poor postman.

Ive done my interest charges calculations and it comes to a total of £2550 including £245 of interest. Do i ask for the interest yet ? or do i just ask for the charges back?

Ive now prepared letter 2 and added my ammounts and details to it. Im now ready to send it off tomorrow.

Im new to all this and just wondering what my realistic chances of getting it back are.

Paul

You can ask for overdraft interest and you will need to have used the advanced spreadsheet to calculate this. The other statutory interest 8% is not added until you file a claim with the court.

You will get every penny back if you want it. It really depends on how long you are prepared to wait as it can take time. :)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Your realistic chances are that you will get your money back if you follow the tried and tested process on this site. Read, read, read and make sure you understand what you are taking on. It's not really that hard.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Got this address to send the prelim letter, Is this the correct one as its different to the one i got last month of here. Do they keep passing it on to different people to deal with?

Colin Langdale

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

Leeds, Canada sq or your branch is fine they all find there way to uncle Colin at the leeds address so he can send you his we are looking into it and will let your grandchildren know letter.

pete

all addresses listed here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/74985-hsbc-contact-information.html

• 2 weeks later...

I posted mines on the 23rd recorded delivery, and it got there on the 26th. Do i count the 14 days from the date posted or day it was recieved. which would make it the 10th April I send the LBA letter. Is this correct?

As anticipated i have heard nothing as of yet. I take it HSBC are not the quickest at replying.

If you get any reply at all it will be just as your 14 days are up, I wouldn’t worry about it, all you are interested in is an offer and the ones direct from HSBC tend to be a bit lower than once you have filed your claim with the court plus you have the 8% interest on top once filed.

I would take the date they received it as your 14 day end, there will be no arguments about that.

pete

Their 14 days are up now, I have received nothing as i guessed.

I know its been easter and just had 2 Bank Holidays, do i give a few more days because of the long weekend or do i still bang in my 3rd letter stating:

....................................................................................................

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the 21st March 2007.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £2307.50plus £242.43 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £2549.93.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 21st March 2007.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

....................................................................................................

Also i have had another £100 in charges taken this month on the 7th, Can i add these on?

EDIT: I also see that some people say not to add the interest till i file a court claim, But on the letter template it has the £xxx space to put in your interest amount. Do i put it on or leave it off still?

hi

the 14 days is from the date you sent them the letter. no, don't give them extra time for bank holidays - they wouldn't have given you any time when they charged you!!

you can add on to your amount any time until you file your claim in court.

the template in the library with the space on or £xxx interest, refers to contractual interest - that is claimed at the outset and is totally different from the 8% interest.

hope this helps

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!