BankFodder

Barclays - charges should be £1.50 - Whistleblower revelations

I watched with my bottom jaw dropping to the floor on numerous occassions... I couldn't believe the cold, uncaring, profiteering and illegal manner in which those staff were behaving.

Great piece of investigative journalism, and a good exposure.

I doubt if many Barclays customers are too confident in their banking with Barclays now!

Good advert for CAG on the laptop too!

P

Fantastic, I've got this on my Sky+ and will be making several DVD copies today for my own use :)

Dave, I think 'Bankfodder' wanted a copy ..

I watched with my bottom jaw dropping to the floor on numerous occassions... I couldn't believe the cold, uncaring, profiteering and illegal manner in which those staff were behaving.

I doubt if many Barclays customers are too confident in their banking with Barclays now!

P

I haven't been confident in banking with barclays for a long time, that's why I closed my account with them. But can't fully be closed until they pay back charges so I can pay off overdraft and still have money left over.

P

It was actually my laptop :D

hi all

thought it would be useful to know i,m in court on the 13th April with Barclays the lovely bank that it is, they will not release my business data [statements] although the account is in our personal name and home address ect, covered by the DPA. Thats got to be the icing on the cake as it not.

hels

hi all

thought it would be useful to know i,m in court on the 13th April with Barclays the lovely bank that it is, they will not release my business data [statements] although the account is in our personal name and home address ect, covered by the DPA. Thats got to be the icing on the cake as it not.

hels

If it is a business account then it would ususally be in a business or trading name not your own name. In any event, this would be best discussed on your own thread, not here. Thanks.

Absolutely incredible! Would not have believed it had I not seen it!

Just have to claim now!

Dave, I think 'Bankfodder' wanted a copy ..

Drop me a PM and it's yours :)

Just heard from a contact at Barclays contact centre at Sunderland. The trainer featured on Whistleblower has been sacked and the rest of the call centre staff featured have been told not to come back until Monday. All hell has broken lose and they're having meetings left, right and centre to sort it out. Feel its slightly unfair to take it out on the call centre staff when they are just doing what the managment at higher levels told them to do. The program just showed a typical day in the life of the contact centre. This is not a one off. I worked there six years ago and it was exactly the same. It is just all about sales and targets with a dusting of customer service.

For my part I found this show reassuring (allow me to explain!!!). I work for Nationwide and we do have targets, some staff complain about them BUT we sell in a very honest way. If a customer says no we stop there and then.

I can see both sides of the coin because after a recent (massive) promotion on home insurance I had a customer tell me nobody had told him and he would've been interested!

I hope this programme serves as a wake up call to the entire industry, I do wish a little more time had been given to the bank charges but I guess that was only one of the stories being told on the programme.

I suppose they're hoping a leak of this action will get out into the public - then they have their spin machine working "Ooooh we sacked those naughty people - it won't happen again!"

P

I had a DD bounce on my account on Friday - but no charge has appeared?? are they just being slow or have they been kicked very hard in the nads

Give them time, it will probably appear on your next statement.

Then you can join the queue and kick them in the nads as well! ( I suspect they are getting used to it by now!)

;-)

I have it on very good authority that the Trainer concerned has been suspended, pending disciplinary action.

They have also set up a dedicated "Additions Removal" line in a department staffed mostly by long-term advisors and all calls from "slightly miffed" customers are being directed there. By all accounts (excuse the pun) the wait-time for customers to talk to advisors was worse than the day all calls to branches were re-routed for the first time. :D

Much to-ing and fro-ing in said department by grovelling fairly new "Outbound" Manager and other Senior Management :D

Oh what it would have been like to be a fly on the wall eh? :cool:

SS Collins - is this the first "transgression" this month?

If so, just hope they didn't notice!

If not then it's probably down to the policy of not charging more than 3 times in a month.

It's ridiculous how much the banks charge and although the banks have admitted that it only costs them £1.50 - £2.00 the government still say that they can legally charge us £12.00 a time! Surely the government should take into account the banks admissions and drop this amount. and putting these charges on people just gets them into more debt.

the government still say that they can legally charge us £12.00 a time!

No they don't. They said that a charge of over £12 is definitely unlawful, they didn't say under £12 is lawful. This applies to credit cards only.

i have just been offered a settlement of £141 from barclays for them adding on additions without my consent...could i get more as this additions goes back to 1998..they say that i should have known from my statements in the past ...but i rarely looked into them..as it only had account fee on...never relised wot this was until i enquired back in jan 2007

any advice appreciated

How about adding compound interest at their authorised overdraft rate using the spreadsheet in Vampires Chambers (compound interest throughout claim)

P

good idea!!! now they have sought of admitted taking unauthorised money from my account..in the way of adding on an additions to my account...and by paying me a small percentage back..i will be asking for this compound intrest

cheers"

Whippy,

To reinforce the request, you could ask that they pay the compound interest at (i.e. 16%) year on year, and if they disagree - ask them for proof of the agreement you gave to ask for this service. ( telephone call logs/application form, notification via post etc.)

Cheeky bar stewards!

P

Hello all this is my first post

it would b nice if we could get a copy of the dvd as i have just started my claim against Barclays and they are dragging their feets as per usual

:mad:

Hi

New to posting messages on this site but a grateful user of the templates, many thanks. I made an initial approach a couple of months back for £1300 and have now received an offer of £915. I am not quite sure whether or not to cut and run. Given the offer would anyone out there be inclined to take this further and risk my overdraft limit being cancelled? I have the paracute account with A&L but can't afford yet to pay of my Barclays overdraft. Any thoughts?

Many thanks

cg266

Please fill in your quit date here