Barclays - charges should be £1.50 - Whistleblower revelations

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I watched with my bottom jaw dropping to the floor on numerous occassions... I couldn't believe the cold, uncaring, profiteering and illegal manner in which those staff were behaving.

Great piece of investigative journalism, and a good exposure.

I doubt if many Barclays customers are too confident in their banking with Barclays now!

Good advert for CAG on the laptop too!

P

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched with my bottom jaw dropping to the floor on numerous occassions... I couldn't believe the cold, uncaring, profiteering and illegal manner in which those staff were behaving.

I doubt if many Barclays customers are too confident in their banking with Barclays now!

P

I haven't been confident in banking with barclays for a long time, that's why I closed my account with them. But can't fully be closed until they pay back charges so I can pay off overdraft and still have money left over.

P

It was actually my laptop :D

hi all

thought it would be useful to know i,m in court on the 13th April with Barclays the lovely bank that it is, they will not release my business data [statements] although the account is in our personal name and home address ect, covered by the DPA. Thats got to be the icing on the cake as it not.

hels

hi all

thought it would be useful to know i,m in court on the 13th April with Barclays the lovely bank that it is, they will not release my business data [statements] although the account is in our personal name and home address ect, covered by the DPA. Thats got to be the icing on the cake as it not.

hels

If it is a business account then it would ususally be in a business or trading name not your own name. In any event, this would be best discussed on your own thread, not here. Thanks.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Dave, I think 'Bankfodder' wanted a copy ..

Drop me a PM and it's yours :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Just heard from a contact at Barclays contact centre at Sunderland. The trainer featured on Whistleblower has been sacked and the rest of the call centre staff featured have been told not to come back until Monday. All hell has broken lose and they're having meetings left, right and centre to sort it out. Feel its slightly unfair to take it out on the call centre staff when they are just doing what the managment at higher levels told them to do. The program just showed a typical day in the life of the contact centre. This is not a one off. I worked there six years ago and it was exactly the same. It is just all about sales and targets with a dusting of customer service.

For my part I found this show reassuring (allow me to explain!!!). I work for Nationwide and we do have targets, some staff complain about them BUT we sell in a very honest way. If a customer says no we stop there and then.

I can see both sides of the coin because after a recent (massive) promotion on home insurance I had a customer tell me nobody had told him and he would've been interested!

I hope this programme serves as a wake up call to the entire industry, I do wish a little more time had been given to the bank charges but I guess that was only one of the stories being told on the programme.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

I suppose they're hoping a leak of this action will get out into the public - then they have their spin machine working "Ooooh we sacked those naughty people - it won't happen again!"

P

;-)

I have it on very good authority that the Trainer concerned has been suspended, pending disciplinary action.

They have also set up a dedicated "Additions Removal" line in a department staffed mostly by long-term advisors and all calls from "slightly miffed" customers are being directed there. By all accounts (excuse the pun) the wait-time for customers to talk to advisors was worse than the day all calls to branches were re-routed for the first time. :D

Much to-ing and fro-ing in said department by grovelling fairly new "Outbound" Manager and other Senior Management :D

Oh what it would have been like to be a fly on the wall eh? :cool:

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

SS Collins - is this the first "transgression" this month?

If so, just hope they didn't notice!

If not then it's probably down to the policy of not charging more than 3 times in a month.

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

It's ridiculous how much the banks charge and although the banks have admitted that it only costs them £1.50 - £2.00 the government still say that they can legally charge us £12.00 a time! Surely the government should take into account the banks admissions and drop this amount. and putting these charges on people just gets them into more debt.

the government still say that they can legally charge us £12.00 a time!

No they don't. They said that a charge of over £12 is definitely unlawful, they didn't say under £12 is lawful. This applies to credit cards only.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i have just been offered a settlement of £141 from barclays for them adding on additions without my consent...could i get more as this additions goes back to 1998..they say that i should have known from my statements in the past ...but i rarely looked into them..as it only had account fee on...never relised wot this was until i enquired back in jan 2007

any advice appreciated

How about adding compound interest at their authorised overdraft rate using the spreadsheet in Vampires Chambers (compound interest throughout claim)

P

good idea!!! now they have sought of admitted taking unauthorised money from my account..in the way of adding on an additions to my account...and by paying me a small percentage back..i will be asking for this compound intrest

cheers"

Whippy,

To reinforce the request, you could ask that they pay the compound interest at (i.e. 16%) year on year, and if they disagree - ask them for proof of the agreement you gave to ask for this service. (telephone call logs/application form, notification via post etc.)

Cheeky bar stewards!

P

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

New to posting messages on this site but a grateful user of the templates, many thanks. I made an initial approach a couple of months back for £1300 and have now received an offer of £915. I am not quite sure whether or not to cut and run. Given the offer would anyone out there be inclined to take this further and risk my overdraft limit being cancelled? I have the paracute account with A&L but can't afford yet to pay of my Barclays overdraft. Any thoughts?

Many thanks

cg266

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks