Barclays - charges should be £1.50 - Whistleblower revelations

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you saw Whistleblower you will find that this is the figure which was admitted by a Barclays manager.

The BBc found that there was was a culture of dishonesty in Barclays. It was admitted by a manager that working for Barclays is just a selling job.

It seems that they want your money and that they will do anything to get it.

If you are claiming back your charges then don't accept anything less than 100%.

You have seen the lengths that Barclay's will go to to get your money.

We have our own experience to show that they will go to similar lengths to keep it.

It appears that lies and dishonesty are part of the language and of the culture of the bank.

It appears that the very senior management have lost contact with their bank.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its probably less than that, if a smaller company like Yorkshire have their costs as 0.9p , then a large multinational like Barclays must have the actual cost as a lot less - just my tuppenth worth :p

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Yes, I noticed that 9 pence figure, too.

The piece was very fleeting and would need to be examined frame by frame to analyse the data contained on that lap top screen.

I wonder if the Yorkshire Bank whistleblower has shared her info with bankfodder as well as the BBC?

I wonder if the Yorkshire Bank whistleblower has shared her info with bankfodder as well as the BBC?

with that wig it probably was Bankfodder :rolleyes:

only joking Big Guy :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I think the 9p was what it costs in computer operation terms. You would have to add to that stationary, postage costs, and some staff costs. I think £1.50 to £2 is more like it.

Anyway here's the bit form the program last night

YouTube - Whistleblower: Barclays Bank - Penalty Charges

• Haha 1

23/02/07 Request for payment sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

13/03/07 Letter before action sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

27/03/07 Partial offer of £1255 received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

Who put that up there?

Fantastic. Exactly what we tried to do but our recording went wrong.

Well done.

Hello, new to all this but felt I had to make a comment. I used to work on the Barclays 'outbound' department at Doxford park, Sunderland, that was featured in last nights Whistleblower. We set it up in 2001 and its still exactly the same. The 'account executives' were still using the same sales speel that we were told to use 6 years ago so its not like its a problem thats suddenly surfaced, its been going on for years.

I am not surprised by the stuborness of the headquarter, they have to deny. After all, they are negotiating a merge with the ABN AMRO in Holland at this very moment and cant use bad publicity. And knowing the Dutch (being one myself :D) this is not something they will like!!!!

And no wonder they are keen to get the headquarters to Holland. Will make it more difficult for the UK consumers to take action.

Oh and by the way, I never ever heard of these ridiculous charges in Holland. We were only charged with interest, thats it. So maybe a merge will bring something good.

Lets wait and see......

LMS

Hopefully this programme will help us all with our cases. I've got to the stage where i'm taking them to court after them telling me they don't owe me anything, blah, blah, blah!!! I had an additions account.........not that i have any idea what benefits I got from it!!!!! Does this mean we can claim the money back they charged for having an additions account? I never asked for it and didn't know I was paying for it till I got my statements through!!!!

I was tempted to go and sit in the Manchester City Centre branch, just to watch the stream of customers complaining.

I wouldn't like to be sat on the customers service desk this morning.

I wonder how many Barclays staff are off sick today??

Thumbs up to whistleblower last night on getting Barkleys on camera admitting they profit from charges!!

Fingers crossed the courts will take a very dim view of the way the banks are clogging up the system with claims when they have admitted they are wrong and just order immediate payment to everyone!!

We can just dream..............

I have to go to Barcalys in my lunch hour to pay some money in to my account. I will investigate on the chaos.

As soon as my charges are repayed and my over draft is cleared I'm closing my account. Purley on the way they treated that pensioner.

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

Fantastic, I've got this on my Sky+ and will be making several DVD copies today for my own use :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

What a proram blow them right out the water.

I am delivering my Summary cause form to the court this today, the program (Whistleblower) has given me so much more confidence.

I will try and get a copy and use it in court (if allowed).

Surely now OFT must address their illeagal profiteering policy.

How many accounts will be closed today?

Without wanting to sound ancient (I had just left school) I was amazed how much banking has changed. I worked for LLoyds from 1987-1990 and remember phoning customers up to let them know they'd gone overdrawn so they had time to bank on that day to avoid charges.

Mind you we were a 'rural' branch, not quite out of the league of gentlemen' but pretty close...

Btw does this give any grounds to claim back 'additions' fees. Its clearly a service with no paperwork, only used by barclays as a means of generating cash, and clearly fraudulantly 'mis-sold'. I think the quote was something along the liine of "Additions 1st of the month £60 Million quid thank you very much"

I've just been to the Barclays to pay some money in and the asked if I wanted to take a loan to pay off my OD. You think they would have held it down a bit on the old hard sell after last night.

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

:eek: :eek: :eek: Shock horror. Watched Wistleblower and was horified (as a Barclays account customer at the Guildford Branch with an Addidtions account and a Barclaycard!!!!!!!!!!) to see what was going on.

I was left somewhat stunned however it was a call centre that sold me my additions account and i was aware of what that entailed at the time.

Going to close it as soon as i have claimed off the free mobile insurance part of the account as my phone is busted!!:D

Wasnt going to bother with the £60 in charges but now i think I may just. Well done to everyone at CAG ive been helped no end and I hope many more will be helped in the same way.

D

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 18/01/07 :o

7 Day reminder 02/03/07

Some statements rec'd 19/03/07

ICO Complaint 20/03/06

Alea iacta est

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks