£750 credited to a different account

vikkijarda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my LBA for my second time of claiming on 26/2/07. I received a reply dated 2/3/07 saying they were looking into my complaint and would reply within 28 days. I didn't file my court claim after the 14 days due to lack of funds. I then received a letter from them dated 16/3/07 stating that they were prepared to refund £750.00 as a goodwill gesture but this did not mean that they considered they has a legal obligation to do so.It a the quoted all the usual about keeping within the limits etc. They stated that the £750.00 would be credited to my account within the next few days, there was no mention of final settlement or any condition nor did they want any agreement from me to accept this goodwill gesture.

I then checked via the internet on 20/3/07 and there it was in my account but not the account that the claim related to.

I then received a phone call on 21/3/07 in response to a message I left them on 20/3/07 apologising for the delay in getting back to me. They asked was I ringing regarding a refund of charges. I replied yes but I had now received thier written response and they goodwill gesture had been paid into my account.

He was somrwhat surprised as his records did not show that a letter had been sent or a credit made to my account. Maybe I should have not told him I might have got paid twice. Incidently my claim was for £835.00. I am debating whether or not to continue with a court claim as as couple of other charges have benn added to the figure since my LBA.

4/10/06 - Claim settled in full+costs+interest.

6/10/06 - court hearing date.

Allocation questionaire returned to the court-18/7/06 deadline 25/7/06

Allocation Questionaire rec'd dated- 6/7/06

Acknowledgment of Service rec'd full defence- 15/6/06

Reply from solicitors want more info.-14/6/06

Money claim filed £1653 - 7/6/06

Reply rec'd to LBA-27/5/06

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Reply from LLoyds TSB a big fat NO - 12/5/06

1st request for payment sent - 09/05/06

Statements Rec'd - 21/4/06

Data Protection Act request sent to Lloyds - 22/3/06