Your Credit File (Free Trial)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Equifax do a free 30 day trial as well guys

True, hgowever in their T&C's state that any information you freely give them as part of the application process (like a DoB) can be added to your file! I've no intention of doing their work for them, and am surprised at many who see nothing wrong with giving personal information to a firm that has no automatic 'right' to have it. If the ID Cards thing gets off the ground, I won't be long before Equifax obtain an exemption that will allow the data to be merged.

(The Government already rolled over to them when the dual Electoral Roll went live, even if you state you do not wish your data shared, all the credit companies get it anyway).

My beef is that I fail to see why a DoB is necessary when there isn't any application for credit! The requirement for a DoB appears ONLY as a facility to provide credit reference agencies with a reference number to identify an individual. As Patrick McGoohan once shouted, "I'm not a number...." so if a vendor is unwilling to take my money, I'll find one that will!

I totally appreciate what you are saying but if you look at gas and other utilities provided, you usually pay a month in arrears which is kind of like having credit facilities.

I think with all of the cra it says in the T&C's that you give them permission to create their own info from the info you have provided to them.

As for the ID cards, I think I'll elope to Russia or somewhere like that when they become compulsary. We already get caught on CCTV 300 times a day on average, what right do does anyone have to monitor our movements to that extent!?

:cool: BB_Mack_Daddy :cool:

you usually pay a month in arrears which is kind of like having credit facilities.

I very much disagree on that point. As a consumer, I 'consume' then pay for whatever it it I use. The nature of the beast is we cannot pay for this at the point of supply, because the supply is ongoing. Therefore there has to be a regular accounting point, which USED to be 4 times a year for Phones ans Gas, and Bi-Monthly for electricity. People forget this as the firms do all they can to leverage 12 payments a year. Not only are they being paid more often, a whole raft of sharp-dealing ploys (late payment fees, non-DDM hikes) are bieng used to add to their profit line?

I think you'd better re-think Russia as a destination, having been there the reach of the Government may still be oppressive, but at least these schemes to force you to pay a different way or within 14 days of receiving a bill are virtually unknown!

I think you'd better re-think Russia as a destination, having been there the reach of the Government may still be oppressive, but at least these schemes to force you to pay a different way or within 14 days of receiving a bill are virtually unknown!

They'll control you, but at least they won't force you to pay their way :)

This reminds me of the futility of corporate tax evasion - it always amazes me that to avoid paying thousands in taxes, companies will spend millions on creative accountants.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

They'll control you, but at least they won't force you to pay their way :)

This reminds me of the futility of corporate tax evasion - it always amazes me that to avoid paying thousands in taxes, companies will spend millions on creative accountants.

An of that wheeze - surely apocryphal - where some guy hit on this great idea, fe filed down 50p pieces to make them eound, fooling folk into believing they were really 10p pieces.....

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks