Glennyboy v MBNA

glennyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR sent 03.03.2007. Still awaiting acknowledgement.

However I have been pestered constantly by a firm called R.M.A (Risk management alternatives, for an overdue payment on the account.

Got a phone call from them today and I asked who exactly they were, had they bought the debt ?etc etc.

The clown on the other end spluttered and stumbled his way through the conversation, saying tha they were the "collections department" of MBNA and were not a diferent company.When

I pointed out that the registered office at the bottom the letter:

NCO Europe Limited trading as RMA

Old Docks House

90 Watery Lane

Preston

PR2 1 AU

made no mention of being anything to do with MBNA. I was told they ARE NOT A Debt Collection Agency!!

Now I'm confused. I have CCA'D them for good measure as well.

I have been pestered constantly by a firm called R.M.A (Risk management alternatives, for an overdue payment on my MBNA account, who owe me charges, SAR sent.

Got a phone call from them today and I asked who exactly they were, had they bought the debt ?etc etc.

The clown on the other end spluttered and stumbled his way through the conversation, saying that they were the "collections department" of MBNA and were not a diferrent company.When I pointed out that the address on the bottom was:

Old Docks House

90 Watery Lane

Preston

PR2 1 AU

Part of the NCO Group Of Companies

He told me they are not a debt collection agency.Anybody know who they are? Can they legally chase this payment?

They sometimes phone up to 5 times a day. I have told them to mark up their records as "In dispute" and CCA'D them for their troubles. Got to be worth a pound!!:-)

I pointed out that the registered office at the bottom the letter:

Old Docks House

90 Watery Lane

Preston

PR2 1 AU

made no mention of being anything to do with MBNA. I was told they ARE NOT A Debt Collection Agency!!

Now I'm confused. I have CCA'D them for good measure as well.

How bizarre, I am sure somebody on here has heard of them so I am giving you a little bump..........:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

rma are very well known on here & of course the invisible mr green that sends the postcards that he is coming on monday.

they are a DCA

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

rma are very well known on here & of course the invisible mr green that sends the postcards that he is coming on monday.

they are a DCA

dx100uk

Ahhhh, that has rung a bell! This is the same Mr Green who has a Tardis and can magically appear in Land's End and John O'Groats at the same time??!:rolleyes::D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

But are they a straightforward DCA that purchases debts or are they one that is hired in to assist in the processing of collections against "delinquent" accounts under the guise of the original creditor?

MM

Minnie, Perseus will be able to answer this one, I am pretty sure that he had all this with "Mr Green".....hopefully he'll pop along and answer (once he's taken his drag off that is.........now that's ANOTHER story.....:lol: I'll bet you're glad you joined in now...welcome to the madhouse!!!).:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I have now received a card in the post saying they are going to call on Tuesday between 8am and 8pm.

If they are not a debt collection agency and not bailliffs, if they turned up what powers do they have??

They promise everyone throughout the length and breadth of the UK they will call on a Tuesday between 8 am and 8pm. The number of times I have made tea for them is unbelievable.

Hi Glenny boy, they are most definitely a debt collection agency, as they are chasing me for a debt I owe barclays (funnily enough I am also reclaiming charges from barclays - enough to wipe out the entire debt!!) RMA phone me constantly on my mobile and as I am in work I cannot answer it, they then phone my house phone a couple of times a day, and my mother who is 65 and has a broken hip has to answer it.

I rang them back on monday and spoke to the rudest person I have ever come across!! He spoke to me like I was a piece of dirt, wouldn't get it into his head that I couldn't physically afford to pay anymore a month than I am paying now, and then wanted me to account for every single penny I spend. When I asked what is name was he said "whats that got to do with anything"!!! Can you believe it. These companies are dreadful and the constant phone calls are depressing.

POPPY07

they are going to call on Tuesday between 8am and 8pm.

This is deliberately intended to sound as if they intend to turn up on your doorstep, but could also mean that they could call you on the phone. Just a thinly veiled attempt at intimidation, which should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

Thanks to you all. This really is the place to ease the stress! I have CCA'D them for good measure. If they call me from now on I am going to tell them that it is being recorded for evidential purposes if I decide to go down the road of harrassment and or malicious communications via the phone, i.e any message which conveys a threat.Let's see 'em sort that one out.

Glennyboy

Abbey-SAR sent

MBNA-SAR sent

Barclaycard-SAR sent

Morgan Stanley-SAR sent

RBS Advanta-SAR sent

Egg-SAR sent

Goldfish-SAR sent

RMA-Awaits CCA

Wescot-awaits CCA

Its mine and I want it back!!!!! :cool:

• Haha 1

Not as intrigued as me. Next time they call I am going to make them squirm. Might even go down the Harrassment and/or malicious communications route, i.e any message that conveys a threat etc etc.

Any bets on not getting my CCA??

glennyboy

What sort of accents do they have? MBNA used to call me up to 3 times a day. They were an Irish call centre.

MBNA have now defaulted on their CCA and on Monday they will have committed a criminal offence. Cant wait to get them!!!!!

Gemspan

Mainly Scottish accents. But who knows with these devious buggers.

Got another card in the post today. They are getting boring now!!

Glenny boy

Abbey-SAR sent

MBNA-SAR sent

Barclaycard-SAR sent

Morgan Stanley-SAR sent

RBS Advanta-SAR sent

Egg-SAR sent

Goldfish-SAR sent

RMA-Awaits CCA

Wescot-awaits CCA

Its mine and I want it back!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Got a list of all overlimit fees and late payment fees today back to 2001. Shame they weren't copy statements so I could note their interest rates.They add up to a nice little £1505. That's over half of what I owe them. I know I can go for 8% interest at the Court stage, but what can I claim back in interest? Bearing in mind I am a complete numpty when it comes to speadsheets.:confused: And do I submit this with my first letter asking for it all back?

I don't expect MBNA to play ball, but I will keep chipping away at them!!And MR T D COLES, they have sent me your £10 S.A.R cheque!!:)

Got a list of all overlimit fees and late payment fees today back to 2001. Shame they weren't copy statements so I could note their interest rates.They add up to a nice little £1505. That's over half of what I owe them. I know I can go for 8% interest at the Court stage, but what can I claim back in interest? Bearing in mind I am a complete numpty when it comes to speadsheets.:confused: And do I submit this with my first letter asking for it all back?

I don't expect MBNA to play ball, but I will keep chipping away at them!!And MR T D COLES, they have sent me your £10 S.A.R cheque!!:)

Glennyboy Hi - why not go for Contractual Interest - that is the rate they have been charging you all these years! You will find your interest rate at the bottom of your statement. Just x the figure by 12 and that will give you your APR to put on the schedule (should be about 22-29% but varies according to different cards). Use the excel spready for credit cards in the library. Good luck!