Knightrider Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I'm still waiting for my statements!! Its been dead on 4weeks so I thought I'd give them a quick call to chase them up.....guess what....they had nothing on there system stating that I'd requested my statements even though they had banked my cheque for £10 on the 26th of Feb!! I couldnt beleive it! The lady I spoke to apologised and said she would re-order them for me!:evil: From now on I'm gonna be phoning them to check progress on a regular basis... When they eventually do arrive does anybody have the address of the best place to send my request for charges?

Many thanks

Halifax plc

Trinity Road

Halifax HX1 2RG

Don't need to address it to anyone.

Use this address for all correspondence as this is their head office.

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

Hi everyone!

I'm still waiting for my statements!! Its been dead on 4weeks so I thought I'd give them a quick call to chase them up.....guess what....they had nothing on there system stating that I'd requested my statements even though they had banked my cheque for £10 on the 26th of Feb!! I couldnt beleive it! The lady I spoke to apologised and said she would re-order them for me!:evil: From now on I'm gonna be phoning them to check progress on a regular basis... When they eventually do arrive does anybody have the address of the best place to send my request for charges?

Many thanks

They have 40 days to send your statements from date SAR letter received

(the courts deem delivery 2 days after posting) so if you have proof of posting or are able to trace post you start from that date, else use the date they banked cheque. But keep to your time scale they will try to delay claim in loads of different ways

best with your claim you will win in the end

dpick:p

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Also Knight, even if they have re-requested the statements, they still have only 40 days from when you sent your SAR, so if you don't see the statements within 40 days, you can send them a non-compliance letter.

Hopefully it won't get to that though :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ok... statements arrived on Saturday and after 2 hours of furious marker pen action I arrived at a whopping £4498 of charges over exactly 6years!!:eek: I've put together the scedule of charges and one thing thats slightly confusing me is - on the prelim letter it has a section that states the amount of overdraft interest you have been charged aswell, does this go on top of the total of charges? If it does how do I work this out? :?

I do know that the standard 8% interest doesnt go on until LBA stage...

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick just dont wanna mess things up at this early and crucial stage.

Thanks everyone!!

Ok... statements arrived on Saturday and after 2 hours of furious marker pen action I arrived at a whopping £4498 of charges over exactly 6years!!:eek: I've put together the scedule of charges and one thing thats slightly confusing me is - on the prelim letter it has a section that states the amount of overdraft interest you have been charged aswell, does this go on top of the total of charges? If it does how do I work this out? :?

I do know that the standard 8% interest doesnt go on until LBA stage...

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick just dont wanna mess things up at this early and crucial stage.

Thanks everyone!!

Hi I never had to worry about overdraft interest the sods just used to wait till I was paid and took there wack first. Sorry I cannot help you with that

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I've recently received a letter from Halifax, I think its a standard one, it states that all charges are fair and we will continue to charge you if you have failed DD's, go over your over draft blah blah blah! I already sent my LBA off about 3 weeks ago, I've stuck with my deadlines with all letters and it looks like I'm gonna have to file an N1 or MCOL - just waiting to get paid on friday so its gonna be a week or two late, will this effect my claim do you think?

I havent received any kind of offer so far, they have stuck to there guns so it looks like I'm gonna have to take it all the way! At the moment my claim lies around £4500 before I've added statutory interest so fingers crossed!

- just waiting to get paid on friday so its gonna be a week or two late, will this effect my claim do you think?

Hi Knight666,

This won't effect your claim, I have read many prople having to wait until payday before filing. They had to wait about 3 weeks before I saved up the money!

Good luck

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!