HSBC v HJBH - VQuick Question help needed!

hjbh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am a belated newcomer to all of this having been lurking for a while.

Quick question - I am about to send my preliminary letter demanding £1238 back from HSBC. In February I wrote to them complaining about £50 charges (which precipitated my looking into all of this).

They refunded January's charges. What do I add to my preliminary letter acknowledging this but refusing it as final settlement? I have put the following:

"Firstly, In response to your letter of xxx I do not accept a refund solely of the aforementioned January charges of £50 and request that you reapply these to my bank account as I wish to claim back the entirety of the unlawful charges over the last 6 years and do not accept your offer to refund January’s charges as settlement."

Is this ok? can anyone help please - I'm desperate to get this claim in before OFT make their ruling.

Many thanks for reading

HJBH

in you circumstances, where you want to make a claim for everything other than the charges refunded in january - when you send them a breakdown of your charges - apply everything other than the one's refunded - they would take them off at any offer stage anyway. by you taking them off from the start - you are showing that you are being reasonable and not charging for a second time for the same charges

does that make any sense? oh and don't worry about the oft 'ruling' either - it will be recommendation not a law

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Thank you for your replies. How do I put a charge as a minus acharge please? And do I need to add the below clause please to the letter?

"Firstly, In response to your letter of xxx I do not accept a refund solely of the aforementioned January charges of £50 and request that you reapply these to my bank account as I wish to claim back the entirety of the unlawful charges over the last 6 years and do not accept your offer to refund January’s charges as settlement."

Thank you Michael - the reason I ask about the clause is I don't want them to take my acceptance of the removal of January's charges as settlement. They said in their letter that if they didn't hear from me within 8 weeks they would consider the matter resolved.

That's why I thought I might need to specify that the returning of £50 from January does not mean that anything is resolved.

So I do not ask them to reapply it?

Sorry to labour the issue just want to fully understand. Thanks for your time.