SSSSHHH Don't spread the word?

bigz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please advise. I have just recieved a letter from HSBC solicitors asking me that if I accept the payment I have to sign a letter to keep it confidential(They are prepared to pay in full plus 8% as it is going through small claims).

Should I just sign and get the dosh or send a seperate letter saying I accept the payment but will not agree to keep it confidential and allow the claim to proceed until they reply?

Bigz

It's YOUR money, YOU're suing THEM. Who the hell do they think they are, putting conditions on paying you back? :mad:

Well, that's my view anyway.

I'd say do what Alan suggests. They're not going to refuse to pay if you refuse confidentiality, none of them has.

Congratulations, you're nearly there. :D

If you were taken to court and the court ordered you to pay money, would you be able to say I will only pay if you don't tell anyone. I don't think so!! Cheeky bankers!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just put a line through the bits you DON'T agree with (confidentiality) intial the amendments, sign and return. Your money will be in your account about 48 hours later. Well done.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks all.

Yes they paid the court costs. I will delete the clause as suggested. Did like the idea of charging the banks for keeping my mouth shut. Total was £776.78

Sorry the donation is so small but I am about to go through the process again with the Yorkshire Bank(Might invoice these though as they only sent the last statement after the DPA), so the next one will be larger.

Keep up the good work.

Bigz

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks