Jamesbenjamin vs HSBC

jamesbenjamin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HSBC have charged me £250 in bank charges over the past 8 months (£250 being a modest compared to some of you I know, but it is a lot of cash to me considering my wage).

They slapped me with £25 charges for me going overdrawn by only a few pounds then deducting their interest and charges. The result was I have found myself having £75 deducted from my account at any one time. Despite my calling them saying I was in difficulty and could they not charge me as there will be money in my account to cover the overdraft within the next day.

Again £250 is not much money compared with some. However, if someone had hacked into my account and taken that much I would not take it lying down, so why should I let the bank get away with it?

In addition, I am using my claim as a trial before I take on take on another bank for thousands of pounds in unfair charges. Charges they levied against two elderly relatives who really did not totally understand why the banks kept charging them and they were too trusting to question them.

This is how far I am in my claim........... See below

1) In Jan I asked for my statements. I included the £10 cheque, they sent the cheque back and said they would be happy to send me the statements free of charge. Within two weeks I had the statements.

2) After calculating how much they had charged me I sent them a letter demanding the money back.

3) 10th Feb received a letter saying they would ‘get back to me sometime between now and the next Ice Age Blar Blar Blar please look at this leaflet.’

Now it is coming up to the second month and I am planning on sending my Letter before action.

hi jb, welcome to the forum. don't take any notice of the letters that come from colin langdale (unless they are for a full offer of course) and stick to your timescales. next letter before action, 14 days, then MCOL or local court. good luck with your claims.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Cheers Netty.

If I take HSBC to the online Court and I was to lose what is the maximum I would have to pay in fees? I am concerened that if I was to lose they would claim all there legal costs?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

J

can't answer that question because no-one's ever lost yet!! and i don't suppose they ever will. for you to lose, they would have to join you in court - something that they are not prepared to do.

• Haha 1

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Two phone calls todayfrom HSBC (morning and afternoon) only 2 working days after I sent my LBA!!!!

Unfortunatly I was not in to take either of the calls, but a 'shirty rude woman' said she would call back tomorrow.

Amazing that they never called me to offer advice when they knew I had money worries, but are willing to call me 6 times to offer Banking Plus and Loans.

Looking forwards to what they have to say. Though I would prefer them to communicate via letter.

Can I tell the HSBC representative that I am unwilling to discuss the matter over the phone and force them to send me a letter instead? Or would they use this as a way to stall for more time?

I dont fancy being subjected to a standardised 'you have been a naughty boy' routine.

Any answer would be greatly appreciated, thanks, J

Yes you can insist that they put anything they wish to discuss with you in writing. It is probably best not to get into verbal discussions with them as it can cause confusion and they don't always do what the say they are going to do. (It is a long time since they were the listenning bank!!!)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 2 weeks later...

Whay!!! Got a letter back from a certain Chris Langdale offering me a full £300 refund. This includes £250 I requested and £50 that I had incured since sending the LBA.

I know this is peanuts to some on this forum but it meens I can have a buffer in my account and not have the worry about going over the overdraft again. AND I can aford to go surfing in Cornwall this weekend!

A big thank you to everyone who ever posted a thread or coment on any HSBC claim, all the info was appreciated.

Anyone who is still going through a claim MAKE SURE YOU STICK TO THE DEADLINES YOU SET THE BANK FOR SORTING OUT THE MATTER I only got the refund when I kept getting on to HSBC and set target dates for them to sort it out.

Thanks Everyone, i may send Chris Langdale a postcard from Cornwall thanking him, sure he would appreciate it