Glenny boy v Morgan Stanley

glennyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sent S.A.R on 13.03.2007 to:

Data Controller

Morgan Stanley Bank

25 Cabot Square

Canary Wharf

London

E14. 4QA

Received stroppy phone call today from customer Liason Dept asking for my security details.

Told them that I didn't see why I should give it to them, especially as they phone from a withheld number.

Anyway, I climbed down so as not to delay matters. They stated they are dealing with the matter as quickly as they can.

Yeah, right!!!

• 2 months later...

Have just had a win against Egg and now going for Morgan Stanley.

Feeling brave and going for fees with contractual interest throughout this time.

I am using Vamp's spreadsheet, which adds everthing up brilliantly.

BUT....where it says Interest, do I put in the monthly rate ( which confusingly is 1.167% purchases and 1.496% cash advances in December 2002) or times it by 12 to get the annual rate?:confused:

Because of the info they sent me I cant work out cash advances from purchases, so I was going to go down the middle.

Apart from that I am feeling confident!!!!!!

UNless it has been revised, Vamp's spreadsheet for compound interest has a mistake in it and calculates too high a figure. The longer the time period between the chareg and the claim, the bigger the error. I advise youcheck it using Mindzai's spreadsheet (see bottom of theis post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-203738.html)

Yoiu put in the APR. You do not multiply the monthly rate by 12, that is/was the mistake in Vamp's spreadsheet.

The formula is (1 + monthly rate)^12 - 1. The '^' is shift+6 on the keyboard. If you use a scientific calculater the function to use is ysupercriptx (sorry this editor won't allow me to write it as you see it).

Steven

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have submited a request for £420.00 plus £66.81 interest .

I have now received a reply from Arlene Linnie, Customer Liaison Officer, stating that their charges are fair trasparent blah blah, and a full and final settlement of £208.00. being the difference between charges and £12.00.

Along with this she states :

" We do not recognise the value of your interest credit request as any payments made to an account following the application of a fee are automatically applied to reconcile any outstanding fee(s) followed by interest before being processed against any account balance. This is in accordance with our payment hierarchy system. The recent Office of Fair Trading ruling did not accept your refund interest request."

Is she correct? :confused:

Thanks Noomill

What a fantasic thread!! Hope I can be as tough as you were.Have told them they are off to court.

About time these t**sers were taught a lesson. Have spent hours juggling with various banks/cards last week. Looks like most cave in towards the end.

We really need a league table of the most incompetent ones.

Hi glennyboy, I dont think I was tough, I just didnt accept the crap they came up with and gave like for like, (with the assistance of the lovely CAG members who had done Morgan Stanley before!)

Its all just waffle and MS know it. They just try to baffle everyone with bullsh!t.